Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Body kit painting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:11 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Body kit painting

Hi everyone looks like I have purchased a Mopar bodykit for my GT. It is new and molded in black...I obviously wil have to paint it in Inferno red. I know I could take it to a body shop or i am wondering if I could buy some factory paint bombs colour matched from my local body shop and if I could do it myself in my garage?I have had good luck with such paint bombs for my Toyota winter car. Do i have to prime it first?or do I just spray on the red? It has clear mixed in?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Body kit painting

Phil,

Isn't Inferno Red the color that they charged an extra $300 when buying it new? I believe it was because that color took extra work/preparation to put on. Candyman should jump into this conversation but if you really want it to match up with the rest of the car, save up some cash and have it done professionally. Sanding, primer, spraying correctly and clear coat (even if there clear mixed in) should all be done with an experienced hand. Small jobs, you might get away with but your talking long large pieces with the kit. Just my $.02 (American).

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:34 am
Senior Cruiser

thanx Candyman you out there?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 11 Mar 2010, 03:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Inferno Red is a three stage color. The only way to get it to match is by having it professionally sprayed. Even then, without blending it won't be a perfect matchto the factory paint.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 03:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
thanx Candyman you out there?

He's like a cop never around when you need him, but he shows up eventually.

When he does, he'll have great and sound advice for you. After seeing his advice when it comes to even small paint projects like touch up, I can almost promise you he'll tell you to get professional help.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_F View Post
He's like a cop never around when you need him, but he shows up eventually.

Don't forget about the part they we are around when you don't want us to be, like when your running that red light or showing us that California stop.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Don't forget about the part they we are around when you don't want us to be, like when your running that red light or showing us that California stop.
If we translate that Candyman, that would be catching us with a can of Duplicolor in hand

Candyman, you know I'm just teasing you and have nothing but respect for you! It's the meds talking. Yeah, that's it. The meds......
Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
If we translate that Candyman, that would be catching us with a can of Duplicolor in hand

Candyman, you know I'm just teasing you and have nothing but respect for you! It's the meds talking. Yeah, that's it. The meds......

Yea, it must be the meds because Candyman hasn't replied to this thread yet. Better cut that dosage down a little.

Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was talking about my meds. I'm still not recovered from our accident two months ago. Vicodin and muscle relaxers have become part of a well balanced diet for me.

I forgot Candyman is dealing with the same stuff on a much bigger scale.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 06:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I was talking about my meds. I'm still not recovered from our accident two months ago. Vicodin and muscle relaxers have become part of a well balanced diet for me.

I forgot Candyman is dealing with the same stuff on a much bigger scale.
I realize that, but you were apologizing to Candyman in your reply and he hasn't even said anything yet on this thread. I'm the one who gave you the quote about law enforcement being around when you don't want them to be, and I did that because you compared him to a cop that's never around when you need him.