PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 TURN SIGNAL PROBLEM

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2010, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 TURN SIGNAL PROBLEM

ok heres the latest. i took them out again and the prongs are good on the wiring harness so that wasnt it. i did notice one thing. the plug at the end of the wiring harness has 3 prongs. two white and one black. the 1st white one all the way to the left was getting voltage at 11.6 on the side that didnt work. on the right side of the car it was going from 11.8 to 12.1 does this help anybody out in figuring what could be my problem? thanks in advance.
dj
Old 25 Mar 2010, 12:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My girlfriend took it to the dealership. She called me and said about $800 so I called him and they are saying the fuse box or integraded power distribution box is messed up needs a new one $559 plus wiring and programming the new box. Im not a mechanic but ive never heard of reprogramming with a handheld computer the fuse box. Anybody heard of this with a pt?
Old 25 Mar 2010, 01:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

From Do-It-Yourself.net:

"The totally integrated power module is a non-serviceable component therefore no wiring schematics of the TIPM exist in the service manuals. Once diagnosed as faulty, they are replaced along with the engine compartment wiring harness".

There's also the PDC (Power distribution Center) which is the same box under the hood on the 2001-2005 models.

So if their diagnostic is right, the whole thing needs to be replaced.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 08:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to IMIEIW

If you have 12 volts to ground with the volt meter, where did you check the ground? If you have voltage the only other thing that could be missing is the ground. Check the other pin in the connector with continuity to ground. Good luck
Old 19 Apr 2012, 09:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Did anyone ever find out what the problem Was?
I have the same propblem.
I know the ground to the harness is spliced inside the harnesss, ine is good.
I can light the lamp by unplugging the connector and applying 12V to the green/whie wire at the connector found under the fuse box under the hood.
The MF switch is connected to both the dash indicator and the left front lamp, so if the dash indicator flashes, the switch is most likely working.
I found a circuit bard under the fuses in the underhood fuse box. Is this possibly the problem both of us have?

Thanks,
Karenscruiser
Old 21 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenscruiser View Post
Did anyone ever find out what the problem Was?
I have the same propblem.
I know the ground to the harness is spliced inside the harnesss, ine is good.
I can light the lamp by unplugging the connector and applying 12V to the green/whie wire at the connector found under the fuse box under the hood.
The MF switch is connected to both the dash indicator and the left front lamp, so if the dash indicator flashes, the switch is most likely working.
I found a circuit bard under the fuses in the underhood fuse box. Is this possibly the problem both of us have?

Thanks,
Karenscruiser
I have the same problem with my 2006, but the left rear . I did all the things the original poster did (switch with right side plug) so its not the piece the bulb plugs into. Given that several people have posted with this problem, someone has to know a fix
Old 22 Jun 2012, 08:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Resetting the TIPM by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds might work, will try it later
Old 15 May 2015, 05:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hello, my name is John.
Is there already a solution for this problem? I have exactly the same with my PT 2006 left front turning light.
Also changed the sides, bulb is OK. Tried every possible known reset option without result.
Thanks in advance.
Old 18 May 2015, 07:20 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlicious View Post
Hello, my name is John.
Is there already a solution for this problem? I have exactly the same with my PT 2006 left front turning light.
Also changed the sides, bulb is OK. Tried every possible known reset option without result.
Thanks in advance.
After replacing the bulb you have to have the computer reset with a manufacturer specific code reader. It's the only way. Some repair shops have a ODBII reader where you can plug in manufacturer specific cards to reset the error. Dont go to a dealer, they will rip you off. Call shops and ask if they can reset Chrysler specific codes
Old 18 May 2015, 07:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
After replacing the bulb you have to have the computer reset with a manufacturer specific code reader. It's the only way. Some repair shops have a ODBII reader where you can plug in manufacturer specific cards to reset the error. Dont go to a dealer, they will rip you off. Call shops and ask if they can reset Chrysler specific codes

What error do you get?