Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New PT guy with a question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2010, 11:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New PT guy with a question

Hello......first of all, My name is Tim. I live in Kansas, and I recently purchased a 2003 PT Turbo for the wife. There is something odd about the car though, and after spending a few days looking through the forums trying to find an answer, I decided to register and ask. After all, chances are I will have more questions about this car in the future. I am not much of a mechanic. Anyway, heres the problem.

The car leaks water in a very weird place. Sometimes 2 places. One seems to be right under the rear axle. Usually only in the morning or cool days, so I was thinking maybe condensation or something? I dont know.....the other is less often, but its sort of behind the front passenger tires. A much smaller amount though. And it isnt coolant...its just plain water. I thougth maybe it was washer fluid or something, but I assume the washer fluid would eventually run out and be empty, which hasnt happened. So any idea what it might be?

Thanks in advance
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New PT guy with a question

Welcome to the forums.
If it's water, HAS to be condensation. Rear is probably from roof - you have a sunroof? that drains thru a tube down under....
Front passenger is guaranteed to be A/C - if you have A/C or defrost on, that's what it is.
No worries.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Mar 2010, 01:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: New PT guy with a question

I do have a sunroof......but the water leaks even when the sun is shining. But I agree that it has to be condensation. Also thought it might be from the heat shield between muffler and gas tank. I dont know, but its water, so cant be too serious.

I have a couple other probs to report as well. I have seen that lots of people have trouble with the keyless entry fobs. Mine will unlock, but not lock the doors. Seems most people have the oposite problem from what I have read. Anyway, I have inserted the key, turned it on....held in the unlock button for 10 seconds, then pushed the panic button. And nothing happens. Might just be a bad fob. But its the only one I got.
Also....my rear passenger door wont unlock. Seems that the lock knob just doesnt come up quite far enough. So I cant even get the door open to try to fix it. I am considering grabbin the knob with a pair of pliers and pulling it up. But this probably isnt the right solutuon. Any ideas?