Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HELP!!! 2001 Pt Cruiser Limited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2010, 09:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default HELP!!! 2001 Pt Cruiser Limited.

hello all, im new to the boards and in desperate need of help. my 2001 cruiser has a short somewhere in the wiring and the horn beeps on its own all of the time, some days almost every minute. not only is it embarresing but my neighbors have already called my condo association trying to get me thrown out and mean notes have been left on my car!! i now it does this so i brought it to 2 different shops and both of their quotes were well over 1,000 bucks which is money i dont have. does anyone know a simple way to disconnect a horn or which fuse to remove?? i got no manual when i bought the car used, and im sick of sleepless nights worrying about my neighbors trying to get it towed etc. any help would be much appreciated.

SLEEPLESS IN CT
Old 20 Mar 2010, 02:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: HELP!!! 2001 Pt Cruiser Limited.

In the engine compartment, under the air filter, there's a PDC (Power distribution Center) that holds fuses and relays (see diagram below). The pictures is 180 degrees backwards from what it looks like in the car but that's how it's printed in the owners manual. There's a little black box (relay) marked "A" and it's for the horn. Pull that out and the horn won't work anymore or pull the #14 fuse, that's for the horn also.

If you need to fix it permanently, your problem is probably in the steering column with the electrical connections to the horn.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 20 Mar 2010 at 02:55 am.