Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Candyman is a winner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2010, 10:22 am
Young Cruiser

Default Candyman is a winner

Hi everyone,,I had the chance to meet "THE CANDYMAN" at the PT River Run in Laughlin Nev. over the weekend.. Wow what a gentleman and what a car. As great as the car looks on the internet to see it up close and personal it is truly amazing,,,the Candyman won a trophy for his flames!!!!!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 10:36 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Candyman is a winner

Don is a pretty awesome guy who has been a big help to me since joining the forums. I'm glad to hear he's bringing home a little bling
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkruzn View Post
the Candyman won a trophy for his flames!!!!!
Congrats Don!!

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 22 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Candyman is a winner

Hey their Guys,

I thank you so much to both of you! You guys are way cool, and I appreciate you more than you will ever know!!!

It was so great to finally meet you, and your Wife their Ted! I only wish we had more time to hang out for a while! Its always so crazy at these big events between polishing dust off cars, and trying to get time to see and visit with everyone, I usually wind up like that old expression "busier than a one legged man in a but kicking contest"! So I tend to get way too little time to really hang out and enjoy meeting everyone as I wish I could! That would probably be my only regret is not enough time to do everything I want to do, but boy is it fun! I was really hoping to meet your Daughter, I hope she had a good time, and got to see the cars as well! Please know that she is in our thoughts and prayers always!

I can't tel you, your Wife, and the rest of the Cactus Cruisers enough what an outstanding job you all did on hosting the Show this year! You Guys are rock big time, and we had such a blast!!!!! I also wanted to say thank you, and I think one of the highlights of the Show that almost made me lose it were the kind words and Trophies for Bruce!!! We have been best friends for many years, I have even made the 300 mile trip up just to Detail his PT before, and was actually kinda down after seeing his car on the trailer coming up and finding out the Doctors wouldn't let him go. So I thought all that was said, and done was so cool, as well the Frezno Club for bringing his car up for the Event! The PT Community is just full of such great people, and I am honored to be a part of it!!! So, a huge "THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart for all you, the Cactus Cruisers, and everyone else did at this years Event! You Guys are the Greatest!!!

I can also say that man Ted, I was blown away by the quality of the paint work on your PT! The Artist that did your work really did an outstanding job and its rare to see that kind of quality these days! The only sad part for me was trying to capture the way cool eye popping color, and quality workmanship, and attention to Details on camera, and it doesn't come anywhere near seeing it in person! Your ride just Rocks man!!!

And last but not least, Yep I actually won my very first Trophy ever in the Best Flames Category which was sooo coool!!!! I know how hard it is to win at the River, and especially with all those insanely cool PT's out their, it was an such an honor they picked my ride!!!! Here is a quick Pic. Sorry bout the quality as the sun was really bright but here she is. I will try n get some better ones later on today.

Anyways, it was so nice to finally meet you Ted, please tell your Wife thank you for all the hard work she did, along with everyone else! Everyone just did such an outstanding job!!!

And thank you also Will, you know you rock big time, and I always appreciate all the kind words you say so much my man!!!

You Guys go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 22 Mar 2010, 03:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Don, I'm no expert here by any stretch, but let me tell you what I think makes your flames a real winner-

1. They are actually painted on as opposed to vinyl stick on.
2. The pattern is original- ie not the same reds and yellows that are what most people envision when they think hot rod flames.
3. They have a quiet subtleness to them. You can't help but see them, but at the same time they aren't screaming obnoxiously at everyone who sees them.
4. The fade and change of the colors are unique.

I would trust you to spray The Sequel any time
Old 22 Mar 2010, 05:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Great news on a well deserved trophy
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:50 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Candyman is a winner

Hey Everyone,

I thank you all so much!!! I appreciate it more than words can express!!!

Man, Will, thank you for your kind words! Its so funny how when you see your car everyday, I recon you get so used to it that after a while, you tend to see flaws here and their, but then you take it to a Show, especially a PT Show like this was and see all the people looking at it, and appreciating it, and it just feels so good!

This is a way hard Show to win anything at, and I honestly wasn't even dreaming of coming close to winning anything with all of the insanely cool PT's that were out their, and then to actually win, and win for my Flames of all things, was one of the coolest things ever!!! I mean when they called me up, and everyone was carrying on, I was trying my hardest not to lose it!

I really appreciate each and every one of you guys more than you all know, and am always extremely grateful for all of you allowing me to be a part of your Community here!

You Guys take care, and I will catch you all later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 23 Mar 2010, 11:29 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to IMIEIW

Great job. Keep up the good work. Sorry you're all the way on the left coast. Congrats.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 01:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

CONGRATULATIONS from the state of Ohio!
Old 23 Mar 2010, 01:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Way to go Candyman