A few pics from the River Run 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2010, 01:53 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile A few pics from the River Run 2010

Hey Everyone,

Well, we Cruised, we had a blast, and now I am exhausted!!! Hahahaha

Man, it was a really great Show!!! This year the Cactus Cruisers from Arizona hosted the Event and they just did such an awesome job! The parking Lot area where the Show was held was almost completely filled to capacity full of some way cool Cruisers from all over! We saw lots of old PT Friends, finally got to meet some Friends I have chatted with online for years, and made some great new PT Friends as well. Unfortunately my camera was having some problems which kept making the pictures come out fuzzy every now and then so I didn't get nearly as many good pics as I wanted but here are a few of mine, and I am sure Slayer Dark Cross, and a bunch of other people got more. So here are some of the better ones I got.

As I think many of you knew, I decided to trailer my Ride in this year which was just way easier on my back, and probably kept my ride a bit cleaner in the process.

And here is a shot of my ride across the River from the Hotel where the Show was.

And a shot from our Hotel Room of some of the PT's that came in on Thursday like we did. Their wound up almost double that I would say by the Show on Saturday.

Ron from ODADDYO was out their in full effect showing off his 5 window coupe PT.

Here is Ron, and his Brother showing Surf Cruiser Bob Slayers freshly painted PT which just rolled out of the booth before Cruising to the Show after 2 months of Modding.

One of my favorite PT's at the show. That is what I want my wheels to look like when my PT is dropped. This was one sick ride with a ton of one off custom mods. Much Props to the Owner!

Kind of a cool hood graphic.

A Cool back end.

Here is this years Best of Show. Well deserved as this is one sick PT! Second Pic is the Audio Layout for this same ride.

And I recon this Guys ride was ok I guess. Kidding. This year I wanted to do it up a bit so I went all out including if you look closely at the second pic, Candyman actually brought Candy along this time! Yum!!! Hahahaha

Who says you can't have a cool steering wheel in a PT and not retain the stock air bag? This is an old buddy of mine QMAN's ride which has a way cool cut, and glassed in stock steering wheel.

And as you guys probably already saw before, I actually won my first Trophy for my Flames! It was so cool to win, especially out of all the way sick PT's out there!! I am gonna try to take a better pic later on today but in the mean time...Woooohooooo!!!!

And that is about it unfortunately for the moment. I will see if I can clean up some more pic's, as well as I am sure more people most likely got more way cool pic's or when they come up on the River Run Website I will post them as well.

Again, thank you big time to Dave Davidson, the Sugie, and the rest of the Arizona Cactus Cruisers, and all of the Volunteers who went way above and beyond to just put on such a great Event! Hope to see you all next year!

UPDATE: Here are some more pic's from the Orange County Cruisers

http://daydreamcruzn.com/coppermine/...s.php?album=64

Go easy, and I am off to rest and relax after that 6 hour drive home, man am I so stiff and soar in muscles I never even knew I had!!! Hahahaha Catch you all later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 22 Mar 2010 at 03:00 pm.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 03:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: A few pics from the River Run 2010

Congrats on the win!

Looks like you had a good time. Glad you got to get out there and show off some of your hard work. The win is well deserved!

Any idea where the grill came from on the Cruiser with the beach graphic on the hood? I love it and would like something similar for The Sequel if they're avail for an '06.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 03:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Like I said Candy I got a few shots of your ride!

Me and Ron did a lil photoshoot after the awards ceremony!

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 22 Mar 2010 at 03:31 pm.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 05:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

The car looked sweet. Amazing pictures those are some nice looking PT's. That Gold/orange/sunset colored one is drop dead beautiful.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 07:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Slayer... Is your front grill custom or can you buy it somewhere? (I keep thinking Grim Reaper every time i see that front)

Your rides look incredible!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 08:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZRain

Great pictures, great looking PT's ... thank you for sharing !! Happy Cruisin !!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 10:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: A few pics from the River Run 2010

WTG Candyman!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotmerix View Post
Hey Slayer... Is your front grill custom or can you buy it somewhere? (I keep thinking Grim Reaper every time i see that front)

Your rides look incredible!
The front grill is manufactured by O-Daddy-O you can give him a ring at 949 295 4618.

Thanks for the comment =) Alot of people call it the bat mobile lol
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:15 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Smile Re: A few pics from the River Run 2010

Hey dotmerix,

That front end on Slayer's ride is made y a new Company called ODADDYO. The guy who is making them is a gentleman by the name of Ron Osinga who is making a whole range of new PT Parts out here in Southern California. Ron, who designed, and built his Viper Red 5 Window Coupe, was also the same guy who built Slayer's ride, as well as several others. Here is a better pic of Slayers front end, and Ron himself for ya.

If you would like any more info on any of the ODADDYO Parts, either Slayer, or myself can get in touch with Ron and have him get in touch with you anytime.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:22 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Smile Re: A few pics from the River Run 2010

Hey Guys,

Oops, Slayer beat me to it. Hahaha

Big time thank you to Slayer for the ultra way cool pix! Great Job Man!!!

Anyways thank you their Sooner, Much appreciated Sir!

I found some more pic's of the River Run for you all. Big time thank you to Hollywood from the PT Cruisers of Orange County for the way cool photo's!

7th PT River Run - Charity Car Show 03.20.10 Credited by Hollywood of www.freedomcruisin.com pictures from car shows photos on webshots

Enjoy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Last edited by Candyman; 22 Mar 2010 at 11:24 pm.