Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Buying an 02 PT tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2010, 10:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Buying an 02 PT tomorrow

Hi all! I just wanted to say hi. I'm new here and picking up an 02 Touring 5 speed tomorrow with 106k on it. New timing belt and water pump. When I looked at the car last night it is in prestine condition for the year and the miles.
From the apperence of the pedals and the steering wheels looks to be mostly highway miles.
I'm excited since I've been in love with these cars since they were a concept car in 96. I'm looking forward to being a member of this community. Nice to see cars with over 200k on them!
I will post some pics when I get it home

Sorry for the bad pics. Its too sunny out but you get the idea

Two from the ad

Last edited by Jetta02awp; 24 Mar 2010 at 02:33 pm.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 07:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Buying an 02 PT tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta02awp View Post
Hi all! I just wanted to say hi. I'm new here and picking up an 02 Touring 5 speed tomorrow with 106k on it. New timing belt and water pump. When I looked at the car last night it is in prestine condition for the year and the miles.
From the apperence of the pedals and the steering wheels looks to be mostly highway miles.
I'm excited since I've been in love with these cars since they were a concept car in 96. I'm looking forward to being a member of this community. Nice to see cars with over 200k on them!
I will post some pics when I get it home

Welcome to the PT family. It's great the water pump and belt were done now you don't have to think about it and can get bitten by the mod bug instead.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
With new Timing belt/water pump and a manual transmission, you should not have major expenses ahead of you.
Enjoy.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Mar 2010, 10:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Welcome aboard! This site is a lot of fun and full of guys and gals with lots of knowledge to share with those of us that have recently been afflicted with a PT addiction

I might suggest you get immunizations against the mod and detail bug. If either one of them bites you, it's over. And if they BOTH get you, you'll loose your mind for sure, but it's one hell of trip!

Looking forward to seeing pics
Old 24 Mar 2010, 01:23 pm
Young Cruiser

I got the car home. So far I love it. A couple things that I didn't notice when I test drove it. It has 4 wheel discs, ABS, and power to raise and lower the drivers seat. Runs great, very smooth and quiet. Shifts great, clutch feels like new too. Pics coming very soon.

It does have a little front suspension issues. Clunking hitting bumps. Which from what I've read online could be control arm bushings, sway bar end links? I'm guessing it should be that hard to replace
Old 24 Mar 2010, 02:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Pics added
Old 25 Mar 2010, 08:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The white areas on your bumper are from tape the factory used - get fine steel wool & WD-40 - spray the steel wool and rub, and get rid of the marks!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Mar 2010, 08:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta02awp View Post
Pics added

Welcome to the forum. If you have picture editing software please do the folks that still have dial-up modems a favor and lower the size of your pictures.

Thanks.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 05:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Sorry I'm used to VW Vortex where everyone posts the biggest pics they possible can
Old 25 Mar 2010, 07:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum Jetta. Where abouts are you located? Looks like it could be Michigan. Originally from there myself.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar