PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fixed or Not to be Fix, that is the question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2010, 09:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Fixed or Not to be Fix, that is the question?

Hello,
I searched this forum and found really good information on the problem I was having when my Check Engine Light came on today, I immediately took my PT to Advanced Auto Parts and ran the code like everyone else who doesn't have a scanner and found that I had a PT0340 code pointing the finger at my Camshaft Position Sensor, I went to the dealership and purchased an OEM sensor and replaced it today. I went for a short cruise and everything works up and down the RPM scale. My question is while replacing the sensor myself I noticed a little oil on the magnet and went to delicately wipe it up and accidentally smeared one of the eight grayish lines that were on the face of the magnet...did I mess anything up by doing that? These lines resembled markers possibly but looked to be the constancy of anti-sees. Please tell me I didn't botch the whole fix! It's running fine but until I know what those eight lines are I'll forever be worried about getting stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. If anyone can tell me what those lines where and do you really need all eight, thanks.

Neil
Old 25 Mar 2010, 09:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fixed or Not to be Fix, that is the question?

Neil,

Since it's a metal part and spins with the rotation of the cam, it's probably the lubrication that's put on at the factory. If it's running right, I wouldn't worry about it. Good job on replacing it with a Chrysler part.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 09:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Fixed or Not to be Fix, that is the question?

Thanks Crewzin,

It completely slipped my mind that the magnet spun and that the grease fanned out like the rays of the sun on the magnet, I feel sooo much better now. Time to take her for a spin!!!

2005 PT Cruiser
Touring edition
2.4L DOHC