Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tool kit for PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Tool kit for PT

Hello. My dad has a '28 Model A Ford. He showed me a tool kit he bought for it a few years back. This has a hand full of tools in it that would be useful in most minor repairs. My question is there a kit like this available? Or, has any of you more experienced owners compiled your own kit? I already keep a tire pressure gauge, multi screwdriver, electrical tape, steel wire, a crescent wrench and fuses on hand. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tool kit for PT

There is no PT tool kit.
I used to keep tools in a car, but now, no more cleaning points to get running again - things have to be replaced now.
A set of Torqx drivers, philips & regular screwdrivers, pliers, electrical tape would be a good idea.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I've had a number of BMWs, all of which have had a built-in tool kit mounted in the trunk, and I can safely say the only tools I've ever used out of the kits were screwdrivers for replacing burned out light bulbs.

On-board tool kits really aren't any good. If you suddenly need repairs while driving down the road, a tool kit really won't offer much help. I just keep a tire gauge, a tread depth gage, and screwdriver in my car.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

well in mine i have a fairly well stocked tool chest

Screwdrivers a full set of deep sockets---open sockets 1/2 3/8 and 1/4 inch sockets wobble sockets long open end wrenches gear wrenches stubby gear wrenches
a 12 volt impact wrench tape wire electrical tester pliers Chanel locks vise grips oil filter wrench oil filter oil spare oil drain plug a assortment of nuts and bolts yes its a kinda big tool chest

and while i really don't like working on my car on the side of the road i do like being able to work on it if i have to
Old 29 Mar 2010, 05:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi
i am new in this forum site
so please guide me

Fuel Filters || Stainless steel mesh
Old 29 Mar 2010, 07:44 am
Cool Cruiser

I keep a few tools in each vehicle, the basic's, plus a couple towels, air-pump, flash-light and such. You never know what might come in handy.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 10:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner49 View Post
I keep a few tools in each vehicle, the basic's, plus a couple towels, air-pump, flash-light and such. You never know what might come in handy.
I just remembered - best idea I had - I keep cotton gloves in with the jack - when you have to change a flat, you don't get your hands filthy.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 11:48 am
Senior Cruiser

Just the basic stuff, screwdrivers, jumper cables, can of flat fix, gallon of antifreeze, quart of oil, windshield wiper fluid, pair of pump pliers. Sometimes I keep my tool bag in the car if I have any side work but usually not because of the extra weight.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you for all of the input. You all gave me a few ideas of what to add. What I want to do eventually is make a wooden box with a hinged lid that would be the same height as the back seat when itís folded. There would be a section in the box for essential tools and fix it items. But I wanted to make sure that I give myself enough space first. Thanks for the quick responses.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 07:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Even tho I do some work on the PT and keep a few tools in a small tool box that fits under the back of the passenger seat the best tool is a AAA card!!!! To be used IF needed!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar