PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
RIGHT FRONT DOOR DOES NOT LOCK THE OTHER DOORS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Apr 2010, 01:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default RIGHT FRONT DOOR DOES NOT LOCK THE OTHER DOORS

PT 2001 touring,
The passenger right door does not lock the rest of the doors, is this normal? Also, I do not know if when I turn off the PT the locks should be open automatically?

Thanks

PS Why the PT name?
Old 03 Apr 2010, 06:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: RIGHT FRONT DOOR DOES NOT LOCK THE OTHER DOORS

Welcome to the forum.

PT = Personal Transportation

You don't say weather you are using a key fob or just the key itself to lock the doors. If it's the key, turn it twice, first time should lock the drivers door, second time all the rest including the rear hatch. Same with the key fob. Press once for drivers door, twice for all the others.

While you drive off from a stop, all doors should lock when you reach 15 mph. Safety feature. When you arrive at your destination and open the drivers door, all the others will stay locked.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Apr 2010, 02:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The problem is with the power door lock inside the PT, drivers power door lock works very good (with the key, remote and power door lock) but the front right door doesn't, using the key in that door just unlock and lock that door and with the power door lock just unlock all the doors but not lock all the doors, just itself.

Thanks for your answers
Old 03 Apr 2010, 02:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry, I'm confused. Doesn't take much. Maybe someone else understands what you saying and can help.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Apr 2010, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The button in the pic is from the drivers side, this button works perfect, lock and unlock all doors, the button of the right door just unlock the doors but no lock them (any). Now, if I use the key in that door, I can't lock and unlock the rest of the doors even though I turn it twice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg right power door lock.jpg (16.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 03 Apr 2010, 03:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, now I understand, and yes, you have something wrong. My button on the passenger door locks and unlocks all doors.

I don't pretend to be able to read all the 5 pages of schematics that show the power door locks but from what I can ascertain, your passenger door lock switch is connected to the drivers door but is not making contact with the circuit back to the drivers door, rear doors or liftgate. It might be the drivers door lock itself or the button. Sounds like you have to take the door apart and to a little electrical diagnostics.