PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Here! Whatsup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2010, 07:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to L0WL1FE
Default New Here! Whatsup

Hey guys, I'm looking to get real hard core into this forum real soon. I have been looking for a pt all week and want to buy the body kit already but yeah.. I'm real excited to see all of your rides and get some ideas too.

Is it just me, or does this car have a crap ton of tranny problems.. lol I have been faced with a couple of things while trying to pick one out

1. color
2. manual vs auto
3. tranny problems
4. low mileage
5. price
Old 04 Apr 2010, 07:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: New Here! Whatsup

I drive a 2007 PT Touring Edition automatic transmission and had factory black. Haven't had any tranny problems as of 38k miles.

Keep in mind that 01-05 are easier to modify than 06+
Old 04 Apr 2010, 08:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum, you got the mod bug first usually most get the car first than get bitten by the mod bug.

The manual is better if you get a turbo. if you boost the turbo with an auto in overdrive (4th) gear the auto won't last. You shouldn't be doing that anyway, but if I was getting a turbo I would go manual unless a sweet deal on an auto came my way and then I would just be careful. Maintenance is important with the PT. I have an auto with almost 56000 and it shifts new.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

i had 2002 basic pt with no tranny problem it was automatic with 137,000 miles and i traded it for a 2004 dream cruiser series 3 . i only traded it because i wanted to get a newer car as long as you keep up with the maintance its a very dependle car .one winter we went to canada and drove back home to maine in a blizard we could not see too far in front of us. hope this helps . if i thought the pt are not good i would of not bought another one we love our 2004 with turbo i now manual is better but got a good deal on this one. there are only 1300 of this car made .this one is number 691.hope this helps
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

2003 Inferno red GT 5speed Turbo with lots of chrome and mods luv it
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 06 Apr 2010, 12:37 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0WL1FE View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking to get real hard core into this forum real soon.
Welcome to the forums, as you can see by my sig and my gallery photos (upper right) my 'Vert is a '05.

Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 06 Apr 2010, 10:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to CreepyPT

[QUOTE=L0WL1FE;298067]Hey guys, I'm looking to get real hard core into this forum real soon. I have been looking for a pt all week and want to buy the body kit already but yeah.. I'm real excited to see all of your rides and get some ideas too.

Is it just me, or does this car have a crap ton of tranny problems.. lol I have been faced with a couple of things while trying to pick one out

1. I personally like black, it goes with everything.
2. manual is more fun for me, unless it's in town or traffic. I do have days I yearn for a slushbox...
3. Like Dino said, if you're going to push a turbo, manual is a better option. My understanding is that manuals tend to be more reliable than autos, and cheaper to repair when they do have problems.
4. Low mileage is good, but not as big an issue if you can confirm a solid maintainance history.
5. In my area, I see GTs running usually between 7 and 9K, depending on the mileage. Oddly, the year of the car doesn't seem to impact the price much on the GTs.

I was going to post a link to my cardomain site for pictures, but CD seems to be having...issues.