PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New 2006 PT Cruiser GT Vert owner here......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New 2006 PT Cruiser GT Vert owner here......

Hey all, I guess this is a good place for introductions....

My wife and I bought a "third car" for her daily commute.....

We just got a 2006 PT Cruiser GT convertible, black ext on gray leather int, 30k miles....in GREAT condition....what a find!!!!!

Our other 2 vehicles are (mine - 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Special Edition with quite a few mods <Baja Rack roof rack, Ricochet Off Road Armor Skids, PIAA 520 bumper mounted fog lights and PIAA headlights, Husky Liners, and ARB Recovery Gear>) and (hers - a 2008 Honda Odyssey Touring edition, loaded).

We have had the PT for a few days and I have the first oil change, Trans filter/fluid change, plugs and wires change scheduled and I have ran through 2 tanks of Sunoco 93 octane gas and a new air filter change.

We have Raptor directional UHP tires on it and the turbo is QUICK!!! The tires handle WELL!!! Very fun

I look forward to chatting with you all. I am very active over on the fjcruiserforums.com board, under very similar name....PA-NC Cruiser.

Anyway, glad to be "part of the PT family"....

Last edited by PA_NC_Cruiser; 05 Apr 2010 at 10:13 pm.
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: New 2006 PT Cruiser GT Vert owner here......

I will post some pics as soon as I can.....it is pollen season here in NC and our "black" GT is looking more and more YELLOW.......

I need to take a "detail" day....and still balance time with the family, and yard work, etc......LOL

Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Welcome to the forums!

Cant wait to see pics of your new PT!
Candyman can offer you all sorts of advice when it comes to detailing.

Btw im a big fan of black just wish I had the turbo haha!
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

luv those turbos
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdarkcross View Post
Welcome to the forums!

Cant wait to see pics of your new PT!
Candyman can offer you all sorts of advice when it comes to detailing.

Btw im a big fan of black just wish I had the turbo haha!
Thanks for the welcome!!! Always good to hear from the first new friend on a new forum......

I will hit up Candyman, but I am very "detailed oriented"....more than my wife cares to acknowledge....... I am teaching my son WELL though.... (and he is only 4.....) LOL.... BTW, I LOVE owning "niche" vehicles....(the vert GT for example)...I also love talking "shop"....so, feel free to just BS anytime!

Last edited by PA_NC_Cruiser; 04 Apr 2010 at 10:54 pm.
Old 04 Apr 2010, 10:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyk View Post
luv those turbos
Me too.....I have owned 2 Saab Turbos and I have to say, I am really loving the PT Turbo..... (yes, even better than the Saab....)

Old 05 Apr 2010, 07:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Apr 2010, 07:32 am
Regular Cruiser

Welcome to the PT Ragtop Owners club.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 10:02 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a beauty of a PT. When you get the car tuned up just don't let them, if your going to the dealer use the stock wires because they suck.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05 Apr 2010, 10:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Welcome to the forum, sounds like a beauty of a PT. When you get the car tuned up just don't let them, if your going to the dealer use the stock wires because they suck.
THANKS!!

Ok, good point....I want to buy MSD wires....and the dealer will install them....but I want to know if anyone has the exact part # for the MSD wires, on a 2.4 L turbo GT? I am ready to buy, just want to make sure I have the right part #