Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking at 06 Convertible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2010, 10:32 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Looking at 06 Convertible

I was wondering what strategies people on here use when they shop for used cars, late model on New Car dealer lots.

Found and 06 GT wiht 7000 miles on a Subaru lot, looks like they just got it.
Has a clean car fax ,former Florida car. They want 14377.

KBB is 14600K or so retail, Edmunds TMV Retail is 14200 or so.

I am guessing I can get some kind of amount off the Retail, I am unsure if this was a local trade in since we get snowbirds who buy cars and register them down in Florida. Trade in for Clean was 11200 but normal trade is probably less.

So what say the folks here on what % I could get off their asking price?

I may offer 12500 and see what they say. This is a cash deal witout a trade, but I am not sure that really carrys any wait because I think dealers like to profit by lowballing the trade, over valuing the car they want to sell and then tuck it to you on financing. So when you strip those away they only make profit on the price they paid vs what they can get from you.

So anyonw who has bought a PT laltely, what was the asking price and what was the amount you negotiated off and did you have to grind em down.

I may be willing to pay for this one only because of the low miles on it and you dont see too many of these up this way.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 12:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Looking at 06 Convertible

You don't get what you don't ask for, try starting at about 15% below asking price. It sounds like a really nice clean car, if you want it, you need to grab it quick.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 03:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
I was wondering what strategies people on here use when they shop for used cars, late model on New Car dealer lots.

Found and 06 GT wiht 7000 miles on a Subaru lot, looks like they just got it.
Has a clean car fax ,former Florida car. They want 14377.

KBB is 14600K or so retail, Edmunds TMV Retail is 14200 or so.

I am guessing I can get some kind of amount off the Retail, I am unsure if this was a local trade in since we get snowbirds who buy cars and register them down in Florida. Trade in for Clean was 11200 but normal trade is probably less.

So what say the folks here on what % I could get off their asking price?

I may offer 12500 and see what they say. This is a cash deal witout a trade, but I am not sure that really carrys any wait because I think dealers like to profit by lowballing the trade, over valuing the car they want to sell and then tuck it to you on financing. So when you strip those away they only make profit on the price they paid vs what they can get from you.

So anyonw who has bought a PT laltely, what was the asking price and what was the amount you negotiated off and did you have to grind em down.

I may be willing to pay for this one only because of the low miles on it and you dont see too many of these up this way.

This dealer is selling a brand new 2010 for 14,500 or best offer, so I would print the ad and work the GT dealer over good for a lower price.

Chrysler : PT Cruiser : eBay Motors (item 310205588958 end time May-07-10 20:07:39 PDT)

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08 Apr 2010, 03:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
This dealer is selling a brand new 2010 for 14,500 or best offer, so I would print the ad and work the GT dealer over good for a lower price.

Chrysler : PT Cruiser : eBay Motors (item 310205588958 end time May-07-10 20:07:39 PDT)
Keep in mind the one he is looking at is a Convertible.

Old 08 Apr 2010, 03:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Dino

The problem is that doesnt really apply, your talking the new non-GT 4 dr versus a used Convertible.

My guess is they may or may not knock the price down depending on what they feel the market is. Summer is coming up here and they sell the ragtops and raise the price. But maybe with the economy in the tank they may be willing to talk.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 04:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

If I was going to make an offer on the 06 GT Convertible it would be $3000 less then asking, so $11377.00 would be a good start. What ever they countered with say if it were $13,877.00 I would raise my amount the same amount that they dropped theirs so $500.00 would be what I raise my price to = $11,877.00 and so fourth.
Good Luck with what ever you start your offer at.

This PT Convertible use to be my BABY it was a 2005 Base 5 speed, Black on black on black, Red rims with full moons hubcaps, Amber fog lights, 6 disc indash CD, Polk speakers, Suicide knob, Black 15" spring ant., Gauges in console, APC air filter system, Complete bullet/turbo exhaust system, Hurst Shifter. May its new owner enjoy it as much as we did. We do still have a 2007 Limiter PT in Cool Vanilla with no mods and two HHRs now.
Old 08 Apr 2010, 05:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah I know but we are talking a four year old car verse a brand new car, don't get me wrong I rather have the turbo also. The dealer doesn't have to know that though. But summer is coming and a dealer told me that adds a couple grand to a convertible price.

Good luck Bro.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08 Apr 2010, 05:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

These are the prices on EBAY for that style PT, yours would be worth a few extra bucks no doubt because of the low mileage.

chrysler pt cruiser GT convertible, buy and sell Cars Trucks, Parts Accessories on eBay Motors

Old 08 Apr 2010, 09:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Do you know if it was a rental car in florida? If it is I would stay away from it because people abuse them when they know it's not theirs. You can also ask the dealer for the previous owner name, but they wont give you their number. You may be able to find their number in the phone book. The last two vechicles I bought i was able to reach the previous owner.
Old 09 Apr 2010, 02:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

I called them this afternoon and it sold this morning.

All well

I have another I am going to look at tomorrow hopefully and we will see what happens.