Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Now thats one way....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:35 am
Young Cruiser

Default Now thats one way....

to keep kids out of your car!!! Buy a PT!

Apparently it is embarrassing for my kids to drive my car LOL. One of our sons is in town for a weeks visit and surgery recovery. He had his shoulder worked on. So since he is recovering and in some pain.... I, being a good mom, offered him my AUTOMATIC PT for his use, since our other vehicle is a standard transmission. I was out with the truck this morning and he was in a rush to go see a gf and said he would wait till I got back with the truck cause there was no way he was picking up a date in my PT LOL. I love it!!!!!!!!! At least my baby is safe!!!! LOL
Old 10 Apr 2010, 12:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Now thats one way....

I would have stayed out a little longer, maybe a few hours longer than necessary.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 01:51 pm
Young Cruiser

I would have but I was out picking up hubby from work. He is sick and decided after he did his pickup (trucker) that he couldnt make the other 14 hours of his load. He is sleeping now...shhhhhhh
Old 12 Apr 2010, 10:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkagan View Post

Apparently it is embarrassing for my kids to drive my car LOL. One of our sons is in town for a weeks visit and surgery recovery. He had his shoulder worked on. So since he is recovering and in some pain.... I, being a good mom, offered him my AUTOMATIC PT for his use, since our other vehicle is a standard transmission. I was out with the truck this morning and he was in a rush to go see a gf and said he would wait till I got back with the truck cause there was no way he was picking up a date in my PT LOL. I love it!!!!!!!!! At least my baby is safe!!!! LOL
Another way is to buy a 02 Woody LE PT!!! My wife and daughter both told me I don't have to worry about them driving my new one..My wife liked my 01 LE that was Inferno Red that was just totaled out (not my fault), but not real crazy about the woodgrain sides on my new one...OH WELL it works for me...LOL
Old 12 Apr 2010, 10:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

My 16 year old daughter and her boyfriend love my Pt and they even have started pointing out every Petey they see, my daughter has been hinting around about how it would make a great first car. My older son thinks it's a nerd car but he's starting to come around after I told him about the GT versions and showed him an 11 second one on youtube. I'm glad he doesn't like them he can destroy a car in no time.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:26 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Heh my friends used to complain but they have come around
Old 13 Apr 2010, 03:38 am
Regular Cruiser

One of my friends called it the pity Cruiser...but when he saw it and rode in it, he changed his mind.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 08:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by azphotog View Post
One of my friends called it the pity Cruiser...but when he saw it and rode in it, he changed his mind.

My buddy at work on the first day I pulled in with it, starting pointing and laughing and when I got out he was said it was a clown car. I'm 6-3 about 240 and to him the PT looked really small. I showed him the interior and he was taken back at the room. But really he drives a Honda Civic "yawn". But everyone that loves classic cars loves the PT. It's also the most comfortable vehicle have ever owned. If it got 30mpg city it would be perfect.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 13 Apr 2010, 10:57 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkagan View Post

<snip>
My son and my foster son LOVE my PT! Of course the son with the permit wants to drive it all the time but thankfully he's away at the the School of the Arts and I only have to let him drive some weekends.

My foster son gets upset when I drive the van because he thinks riding in the PT makes him look cool. I KNOW it makes me look cool!

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 13 Apr 2010, 09:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would just tell him if it has the Turbo you can hop it up and embarrass his friends.

Most people I see hear the wifes PT as she gives them the blow off valve salute or down shifts and gets the exhaust note gurgle, they look at it strange and notice the chrome `19" wheels and the Turbo and stage one badge on it.

I think the PT are love it or hate it and the ones who have never driven or ridden in one dont know how good a car they are. They are like the old Omnis, if you owned one with a Turbo GLH you got no respect except when you blew away cars twice the price at the stop light.