Any ideas on what is the problem?
Fuses = good
switch = ?
Power block under hood?
Is Your Vet Listed?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 01:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fog lights not working

A number of people have had to change the MF switch, there is a posting on someone has repaired theirs, you'll have to search. MF = Multifunction Switch

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Apr 2010, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As Hooligan said, the MF switch accounts for 99% of the failure for the fog lights. You checked the fuse (#8 interior), and only if your overseas is the #21 fuse in the Power Distribution Center, under the hood something to look at, so the easiest way to tell if it's the MF switch is to turn the fogs on and see if you have 12 volts up at the lights themselves.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 11:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I bought 2 different used PT a 01 LE and now a 02 Woody LE both had fog lights that didn't work when I bought them. It was the multifunction switch on both of them like Holligan and Crewzin said. The sad thing is my buddy that bought my crunched one had a guy who had a PT we took some part off of. I got the MF Switch off the car for free...guess what?? It was bad too.. common problem..easy fix.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 09:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Well the fuse in PDC under the hood was not there,,, problem????
MFS is located where? Are you talking about the headlight switch on the left side?
Is Your Vet Listed?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 10:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

As I said in my reply: only if you are overseas does the #21 come into play. The U.S. models don't have a fuse there.

Yes, the MF (Multi-function) switch IS the stalk on the left hand side that controls interior and exterior lighting. When buying a new one, you have to make sure you get the one with the fog light control. Some do not have that function and when switching the new one for the old one, there's a little black part that has to come off the old one and put onto the new control that controls the flashers.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.