Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Transmission Solenoid Pack???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2010, 05:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Transmission Solenoid Pack???

Has anyone replaced the Transmission Solenoid Pack on their Automatic Transmissions? My has a leaking seal, apparently. The dealer said the seal cannot be replaced alone. You have to replace the whole " solenoid pack".

Where is this part on the trans.? Will it spew trans fluid out if I remove the old, leaky pack? What's it look like? When they (the dealer) replaced the auto fluid a while back, they actually had to do some software thing because the trans shifted too soon (as I was driving home)--after replacing the fluid. That was a new one for me--but they put the software in and it then shifted fine.

My concern is--after I find this little solenoid--that if the fluid leaks out when I pull the old Solenoid, I may as well have the dealer do the work--since they may have to re-up the software once again.

Thanks for any replies,

Tim
Old 16 May 2010, 07:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Transmission Solenoid Pack???

If you join the PTCrew.com, they have a section in the mod bible area on replacing the modules with pictures.

just join and go check it out. Looks like a 2 beer job.

PTCrew.com - ptcrew

PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Old 16 May 2010, 08:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Lots of good info and pictures on the Mod Bible.
Old 17 May 2010, 08:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cruzin, how do I get to the part of this Forum that allows "Threads"? I got to yours through the e-mail that was sent to me; but when I got to the opening sight, there is no "Threads" link in the upper part of the site page to open a thread. Sometimes I get to a page that says I cannot change, edit, threads, etc., but only by trial and error do I finally find the page that allows threads. Am I missing something--or just getting too old to be on the puter? Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I have the same problem at PTCrew.com--although I did find the how-to on changing the Trans. Solenoid Pack on the PT--thanks to your pointing me to the Mod Bible, there.

Thanks again,

Tim
Old 17 May 2010, 08:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Tim,

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. This: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/ is the page that has all the different sections. You click on the section that you want to go to (ex: Tech & Performance Forum) and that opens all the threads under that particular section. When your done reading that section you go to the top of the page and click on "PT Cruiser Forum" and choose another section to go through.

Hope that helps as I said I'm not exactly sure where you have a problem.