Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hope that is it for awhile$$$$$$$$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2010, 11:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Hope that is it for awhile$$$$$$$$

In the past year.....I have done.....new waterpump...new timing belt....new power steering pump....new radiator...new fan....new battery....new brakes all around...new front tires..ac recharge...4 wheel alignment....??? I think thats the bulk of it...thats enuf...............and thats only 1 of my 3 vehicles...
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 18 May 2010, 03:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Hope that is it for awhile$$$$$$$$

I think it should be for awhile, haha!
Eibach Pro Springs, Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master Kit bushings, 17" RTX Euro wheels, K&N drop in air filter, MotoMaster flat plate AGM battery, KYB GR2 shocks and struts, Booger standard shifter bushings, Ooogah horn.
Old 18 May 2010, 08:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks for stimulating the economy...
Old 18 May 2010, 08:58 am
Senior Cruiser

It's amazing car stuff all seems to happen all at once, usually at the worst possible time. My sons car which is mine, is a Gran Prix 02, well since my son only just found a new job last week and he was driving on bald tires I bought him four new tires and an alignment because it was better than him killing himself with a blow out and or totaling the car. Than he informs me he has been leaking antifreeze, and I take a look and it seems to be coming from the lower intake which is GM's dirty little secret that they have never taken ownership for. No antifreeze in the oil it only seems to be seeping out not in. But it's a major job and going to be expensive and if I don't fix it sooner or later it will start to leak in the engine and destroy it. GM puts these crappy paper like gaskets in that are pure garbage, some people have changed it within 35-50k miles. It's sort of like the cooling fan on the PT.

So I feel your pain my friend.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 18 May 2010, 10:41 am
Senior Cruiser

You have my sympathy: I haven't had many trips to the garage this year, but one of 'em was for a shiny new transmission..... ouch!
Old 20 May 2010, 06:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Feel lucky....in the last 2 months I have done.....brakes.....new ignition switch(tumblers comp.worn)......both tie rods......both upper control arms....
Solenoid.....leak detection pump.....

and now the dang engine light is lit again........lol