Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Brit PT RAGTOP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2010, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Brit PT RAGTOP

Hi I wondered it your members would be interested in what i have done to my PT ragtop

21" wheels

Ribbed bonnet ( or hood ) like the California cruiser prototype

and a custom Ilusion rear bumper
Old 19 Jun 2010, 05:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Brit PT RAGTOP

Looks good. Like the wheels.

And the number plate is a good choice. Is it real?? Doesn't fit the normal standard or have they changed all that now
Old 20 Jun 2010, 09:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Brit PT RAGTOP

Hey their saxx,

First off, welcome to the Forum.

That is a pretty sick vert you go their.

I am digging on the wheels as well as the kinda cool modified Illusions pan in the back with the custom shaved reverse lights, and those little trim pieces molded in like that really gives it a clean look.

Could you give us a little more information on your ride please? Mainly, what make and model are those wheels, what is the width, and offset on them, and do you have any issues with rubbing in front at all?

Also, if you don't mind, what type of suspension are you running? I am going to guess most likely air ride, but how is yours laid out?

Again, welcome to the Forum, you go easy, and I'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 20 Jun 2010, 01:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi the number plate is real due to DVLA changing the laws in 2001. The wheels i had to have inported from the states as blanks due to the fact they do not produce that wheel with the correct stud pattern for the PT Cruiser, they are 21" x 8 TSW Holstens i think the same as fitted to the Bentley. The original off set was 35mm but i had a extra 20mm machined off the inside face so the wheels would sit under the arches. the stud pattern was machined so the wheel studs just fit through the holes this was done to leave as much in the centre of the wheels as poss as the centre hole is 78mm. The front is on adjustable struts with the bottom plate wound to the very top so as to miss the wheels then the springs cut to the present ride height. The rear axle had to be moved back a inch as they rubbed on the front of the wheel arch and the rear is on lowering springs. The wheels do rub on inside on full lock but i feel a small price to pay. I hope this information was some use Thanks Joe ( saxx )
Old 20 Jun 2010, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Joe,

Great looking ride. My questions have to do with the M.O.T. I lived in England (Harrogate) for 12 years and I had to jump thru hoops to have the 3 American cars that I had over there (not all at one time) pass the MOT tests.

Amber turn signal lights in the rear, the extra fog light in the rear, white running lights in the front. How are you getting away without them?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 04:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi funny you should mention MOT as the car had its MOT a few weks ago. Firstly i refitted the original lights back on the car just incase but i have orange bulbs in the all red ones, i have have removed the reversing lights so as they are not fitted it does not aply and as for the running lights im not sure what you mean, do you mean the front fog lights if so as long as they work they can be white or yellow. Hope this as helped
Old 20 Jun 2010, 04:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yea, that answers just about everything. Just curious. They are probably a bit more relaxed in the rules than they were when I was last over there in 95. Again, great looking ride. Hope you have a garage to keep it safe.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 05:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That is one good looking ride saxx, love the rims and the overall fit in the wheel wells. One question though, how much lower does it sit now from the original ride height? I've been looking for the right combination of suspension drop and wheel size. You seem to have nailed the combination I'm looking for.

Centurion
Old 20 Jun 2010, 07:44 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Brit PT RAGTOP

Hey their Joe,

I thank you for the info Sir. That is some mighty fine re-engineering you have done their, and I can surely respect the work.

A few years ago I got together with a good friend who builds off road race truck suspensions for Baja and we custom designed and fabricated a full 3" x 5" drop kit for my PT, which then translated into 4 more kits being produced for friends who wanted that certain stance I had, especially in back.

So, my friend and I got together, his employer had some left over material from one of their Trophy Trucks which was a race ready Titanium mixed alloy which we constructed the next 4 sets out of, which my last set is up for sale from a guy who bought them just recently but sold his PT. They were fun though. Here is an old pic of how my PT sat on them.

Not that long ago I made the transition over to air ride in hopes that I can eventually redesign the rear end, and relocate my struts to allow for me to lay my PT as close to the ground as possible. Here is my eventual goal I am hoping to accomplish.

One of the closest guys I have seen to doing a serious drop is a friend of mine BigRyan. Here is his PT sitting on I believe 18"sin front and 20"s in back, and some serious suspension redesign work in between. Here is his ride so far.

Here is a Link to a lot of the fab work he has done so far.

PT GOT LAID

Anyways, you go easy, again that is one seriously sick vert you got going on their, keep on doing what your doing cause it is looking pretty cool to me, and I'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 20 Jun 2010, 09:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I LIKE it!!! Great job....sweet looking vert!!!

Other rides:

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition, NAV/DVD
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Trail Teams Edition