Advertisements
Turn Signal Problem 2007 Pt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turn Signal Problem 2007 Pt

Help Please,

I have a 2007 PT, yesterday put on my right turn signal ,flashing fast, check
right front signal working ok, check rear signal no flashing, replace bulb still nothing , switch sockets between left on right ,still nothing. put on emergency flashers ,all light flashing except right rear.

Any Ideas
Thanks
Old 22 Jun 2010, 10:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Turn Signal Problem 2007 Pt

If it isn't bulb or socket, that leaves wiring - look for a break in the wire.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Sep 2012, 01:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Will this help any owners
Signal light not working correctly
Back to the last cool Florida weather I remover the front wheel, passenger side, on my 2006 PT Cruiser to change the signal light bulb.
Yes, this is ridicules however, Chrysler shipped the work down to Mexico, Mexico made American car?
To my horror I found that the wires were (it looked like squirrels ate the wire right at the base of the socket) chewed up.
I super glued and taped the wire ( only way left to hook it up).
I priced the socket assemble at auto parts stores only to find that 2006 was too new for them to carry.
Go to a junk yard!
I priced the assembly at my Chrysler dealer, $188.00!
They also told me to go to a junk yard!
Today, because the signal light started acting funny while the headlights were on and the car computer also started acting funny, I remover the driver side wheel to change out that signal light bulb, I found that the wires to the socket were chew off in about the same place as the passenger side.
After a closer look, this time with my glasses on, I found out that this was not a squirrel hungry job but poor engineering on the part of Chrysler and their Mexico company!
The rubber cover, to protect the lights and wires from rain, was in fact rubbing on the wiring at the end of the socket and after a time it chewed through the wiring!
$.50 worth of wire connectors, lots of electrical tape and two new light bulbs $6.00 ( all of that work I just replaced both bulb).
Old 26 Sep 2012, 01:20 pm
Veteran Cruiser

^WHAT?

Last edited by rob342; 26 Sep 2012 at 01:24 pm.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 02:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

It could also be a TIPM issue. But I would check the wiring as suggested above before going down that path.