PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
change seats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2010, 12:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default change seats

Hi All,

I have searched the forum but have not been able to find an answer for this. Can the front seats from a '01 cruiser be moved to a '06 cruiser. I know the center console may be an issue but wondered if anyone has done this.

Thanks
Old 23 Jun 2010, 01:16 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: change seats

Hey their Boffingham,

First off, welcome to the Forum.

This one actually come up every once in a while. As I recall, the biggest issue is the wiring for the air bag pressure switch not being compatible so the air bag light will most likely remain on, and may not work in case you were in an accident.

As for the Console, it can be done with just a little modification. Here is a Link over on the first page of the Interior Section of the Forum on how to perform the Console Exchange if you would like.

Their is also a search button located at the top of the Forum and to the right which may also help you to locate some more information on this and other subjects in the future, as well as I am always around, and more than happy to try to help wherever I can be of help anytime.

console exchange

Anyways, again welcome to the Forum, I hope that might kinda sorta answer your questions on the subject. Go easy, and I'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 30 Jul 2010, 03:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: change seats

Hello and welcome!

I have put 01 heated leather seats in my 06 cruiser. It is a very lengthy process with many components needing to be switched also. My airbag light will be on if no one is sitting in the passenger seat but this is due to my 06 seat belt is always plugged under the seat. To switch the seats this would be a small break down of what you need. 01 seats, 01 seat belts, 01 "b" pillar trim, 01 center console, possibly 01 rear interior panels for seat belts. To make my seats work with the pressure sensors I had to use the 06 main seat frames. I had to grind welds on the bottom side of the 01 seats to remove the slide rails to be able to bolt to the 06 slide rails. Put all this back in along with the 01 trim, just to find out that I didn't like how the seats ride after long trips, butt was sore IMO I would not invest the time nor the money in switching the seats instead save up have them re-padded the way you would like and new leather put on. I still have the passenger side in because I cut the seat belt for the buckle to stay in the receiver so now I have to wait to get a new seat belt for an 06 276.00 from chrysler If you are going to do this good luck!