Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rims baby!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2010, 04:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rims baby!

Hey guys - would these Rims fit my 2005?
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:41 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Default Re: Rims baby!

Hey their MoloBolo,

First off,

Those are some nice wheels, and as long as they make them with a 5-100 bolt pattern 7.5 width with a 35 - 40 MM offset, though you should be able to go as wide as 8.5 in the back and get away with it on some wheels depending on the exact offset, and you should be good to go. Height wise you should be able to go from 15" up to 19" without much problem and still stay within stock dimensions meaning you shouldn't have to mess with recalibrating the speedometer, and you should still be able to use any lowering kit currently available on the open market including the Goldline Super Slammer Kit which will give you a 2.75 drop in front, and 3.25 drop in back without any clearance issues of any kind. 20" wheels on both front and back have been done done before at stock height but again with very specific width, and offset dimensions as to not cause any residual rubbing I also know of one case where 20" wheels were use on an extremely low drop kit though it was fully hand fabricated, and required extensive modification to get it to sit correctly, and still be very esthetically pleasing to the eye.

So again, to answer your question, as long as the dimensions outlined above are met in accordance with your wheels, then their should be no problem with fitment, however as their are not many wheels that will fit the PT's overall fitment criteria, I would suggest you do some serious checking around, and make double sure everything is truly accurate before purchasing.

That's my take on it anyway. You go easy, and I wish you the best of luck on your quest for new wheels. If you should ever have any more questions, please feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Go easy, andI'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Rims baby!

wow what an answer!! Thanks!!