PT Cruiser Forum  
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:11 pm
ab1 ab1 is offline
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 22
Default HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

A rock hit my sunroof and shattered the glass. I looked in the Haynes manual and found nothing about how to replace it. Any Ideas?????? Any links on removing and replacing it. Nobody around here will replace it, so I have got to find replacement glass too. HELP ME PEOPLE!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2010, 05:20 pm
CREWZIN's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Central Florida
Posts: 23,995
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Strange that nobody will replace it. Any replacement glass company should want you business to put a new window in. Your right, Haynes or Chilton doesn't mention the sun/moon roof but it does say how to replace the front windshield.
__________________
......
...just CREWZIN along! . . . PT Cruiser Links Moderator
2000 PT. Original Owner, 118,000 miles
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2010, 08:57 pm
ab1 ab1 is offline
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 22
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Strange that nobody will replace it. Any replacement glass company should want you business to put a new window in. Your right, Haynes or Chilton doesn't mention the sun/moon roof but it does say how to replace the front windshield.
Thats what i was thinking! Safelite glass said no, and so did a few others around town.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jul 2010, 10:22 pm
twress's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: saginaw michigan
Posts: 6,704
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1 View Post
A rock hit my sunroof and shattered the glass. I looked in the Haynes manual and found nothing about how to replace it. Any Ideas?????? Any links on removing and replacing it. Nobody around here will replace it, so I have got to find replacement glass too. HELP ME PEOPLE!!!!!
Does the sunroof, with the glass missing, look like the frame that holds the glass in be taken apart? so maybe you can just remove that rather than having to replace it all. If so maybe a salvage yard might have one you could buy, call around and check. I don't know where your from so don't know how easy it is to get parts where your at......here it pretty easy. Just a thought.
__________________
2002 BLACK FACTORY WOODY LIMITED EDITION 18" MODA R6 WHEELS
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jul 2010, 07:23 am
ab1 ab1 is offline
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 22
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twress View Post
Does the sunroof, with the glass missing, look like the frame that holds the glass in be taken apart? so maybe you can just remove that rather than having to replace it all. If so maybe a salvage yard might have one you could buy, call around and check. I don't know where your from so don't know how easy it is to get parts where your at......here it pretty easy. Just a thought.
Thanks twress! I will give that a try. I just dont know how to remove the old one.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jul 2010, 07:29 am
Hooligan's Avatar
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,028
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

ab1, how about filling in your profile, it possibly will make it easier for us to point you in a specific direction.
__________________

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jul 2010, 01:24 pm
ab1 ab1 is offline
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 22
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
ab1, how about filling in your profile, it possibly will make it easier for us to point you in a specific direction.
10-4 Hooligan, i will right now.

Found one at an auto salvage yard for $250. Just need help on installing it.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 07:54 am
VNT's Avatar
VNT VNT is offline
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE
Posts: 1,380
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Go here in the tech section, download the service manual Adobe .pdf

Under body there is a section on the sunroof, removal and install on page 83 section 23. good luck

http://webdev1.net/hosted/documents/...shopmanual.pdf
__________________
VNT

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05 Jul 2010, 05:59 pm
ab1 ab1 is offline
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 22
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
Go here in the tech section, download the service manual Adobe .pdf

Under body there is a section on the sunroof, removal and install on page 83 section 23. good luck

http://webdev1.net/hosted/documents/...shopmanual.pdf
THANKS VNT! YOU ROCK!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06 Jul 2010, 05:15 pm
VNT's Avatar
VNT VNT is offline
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE
Posts: 1,380
Default Re: HELP! SUNROOF SHATTERED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1 View Post
THANKS VNT! YOU ROCK!!
You should thank Candyman for the link, we all owe him a beer
__________________
VNT

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sunroof help neon95 General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 19 Mar 2009 01:12 pm
sunroof neon95 General PT Cruiser Discussions 0 16 Dec 2008 07:50 pm
Sunroof blondecowgirl Interior Accessories Forum 3 21 Jun 2007 02:14 pm
sunroof HELP!!!!!!!!!! Lana Interior Accessories Forum 4 25 Sep 2006 04:38 pm
Air Dam for Sunroof hugh_mack General PT Cruiser Discussions 1 22 Nov 2002 07:38 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors