Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
USA Today (today)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2010, 08:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT Cruiser 2000-2010 (USA Today)

Death of PT Cruiser seen as a symbol of industry's problems - USATODAY.com

Guess I got in just in time.

Last edited by fezzersc; 08 Jul 2010 at 09:25 am. Reason: title update
Old 08 Jul 2010, 08:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: USA Today (today)

VERY good, and fairly accurate article. Too bad it's an obituary and no time for corrective action.
BMW did it with the Mini - adding models and really re-engineering it and keeping it alive.
At least we have ours.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Jul 2010, 07:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
VERY good, and fairly accurate article. Too bad it's an obituary and no time for corrective action.
BMW did it with the Mini - adding models and really re-engineering it and keeping it alive.
At least we have ours.

Yep, Chrysler really dropped the ball with the PT

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08 Jul 2010, 07:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Damnit, i was going to get on here and post that! Yeah, pretty tragic, eh?
•1/8 Mile 9.644 @ 72.92
•1/4 Mile 15.009 @ 93.50
Mods!
•Intake Box Removed
•3"F 5"R Lowering (Thanks Candyman)
•19" ASA JH9 w/215/35/R19 General's

Traded (04-14-2010)

'06 Mustang GT Autotragic
Drag Stats!
•R/T 6.107 (Waiting on the wife's smart car to get a head start ;P)
•1/8 Mile 9.152 @ 78.36
•1/4 Mile 14.202 @ 96.69

Car Team Website:
Insufficient Boost [iB]

Old 08 Jul 2010, 08:06 pm
Young Cruiser

I read this article earlier today when I was searching google for PT Cruiser models (as in r/c cars, matchbox, ect.)

Very true how they cheapened things up over the years. It is a shame what they did. As the years went on the trim levels distorted. Touring models starting coming with steel wheel and hubcaps, removed rear sway bar. They took off the little engine modesty cover.

I don't know if they did this with the Cruiser or not (someone fill me in) But in my 02 PT all the knobs and controls/switches light up and in my 05 Caravan nothing lights up, except a little dot on the drivers side auto down window button. My buddy has an 01 Caravan and there are HVAC vents on the back of the front doors to vent into the rear and my 05 does not. His van has the temp/compass on the ceiling and my does not. His model is a "Sport" and my is an "SXT" which is what replaced the "Sport" so they should be the same

Did Chrysler cheapen things like this up with the Cruiser???
Old 09 Jul 2010, 07:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta02awp View Post
I read this article earlier today when I was searching google for PT Cruiser models (as in r/c cars, matchbox, ect.)

Very true how they cheapened things up over the years. It is a shame what they did. As the years went on the trim levels distorted. Touring models starting coming with steel wheel and hubcaps, removed rear sway bar. They took off the little engine modesty cover.

I don't know if they did this with the Cruiser or not (someone fill me in) But in my 02 PT all the knobs and controls/switches light up and in my 05 Caravan nothing lights up, except a little dot on the drivers side auto down window button. My buddy has an 01 Caravan and there are HVAC vents on the back of the front doors to vent into the rear and my 05 does not. His van has the temp/compass on the ceiling and my does not. His model is a "Sport" and my is an "SXT" which is what replaced the "Sport" so they should be the same

Did Chrysler cheapen things like this up with the Cruiser???
Yes.
They deleted swing-away rear view mirrors, deleted heated mirrors as an option, deleted lights in switches, deleted a door lock on the passenger door, and later, even made Air conditioning optional.
To me, the biggest kiss of death was deleting the turbo in later years, as well as dropping the convertible.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Jul 2010, 09:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thats great, thats what I'm looking for . . . a convertible with a turbo . . . .
Old 09 Jul 2010, 10:20 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popdart View Post
Thats great, thats what I'm looking for . . . a convertible with a turbo . . . .
There are a gazillion Turbo Verts for sale in Autotrader and craigslist.

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2