Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replaced my MF Switch tonight...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2010, 09:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Replaced my MF Switch tonight...

As the title stated but I found something interesting. I purchased the switch at Advance Auto Parts for $41.79 made by BWD. After I removed the one that was in there I compared the new one and the old one. The BWD switch was identical to the Chrysler switch (unless it was replaced before by the previous owner). They both say "Lucas" "Methode" have the Chrysler logo in the same spot and the number 23199.

Has anyone else compared the new one they bought and the one that came out of the car and seen this? Also, if it was the same where did you get the switch and what "brand" was it supposed to be?
Old 10 Jul 2010, 07:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Replaced my MF Switch tonight...

NEW TO CRUSIERS, WHAT IS A MF SWITCH?
Old 10 Jul 2010, 07:32 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by olabaha View Post
NEW TO CRUSIERS, WHAT IS A MF SWITCH?
The headlight/fog light/dimmer/turn signal switch
Old 10 Jul 2010, 08:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Multifunction switch, but when you have a problem you'll come up with a few definitions your self.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 11 Jul 2010, 12:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I'm no expert here since you got it at a parts store and it's seemingly not an OEM part, but the Chrysler 5-star logo is trademarked, and can't be used unless the part is licensed to use it by Chrysler. Perhaps the part they sold is actually a licensed product?
Old 11 Jul 2010, 01:01 pm
Banned

Olabaha, please take your caps lock off when posting. Thank you.

Jerry
Old 20 Jul 2010, 11:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey guys,
I could fix my multifunction switch within a few hours, did not need to replace it. When I bought the car the fog lights did not work, as turned out the former owner took out the fuse because the fog lights were on 24/7 So I followed the instructions from reh8388 (How to Repair the Multifunction Switch w/ Pictures (Fog Lights) until he starts talking about the back panel and the spring contact. All I did was to melt a little ball of solder onto my soldering iron and placed it in the middle of the contact. With this way you can make sure that your switch will lift up the contact and turn off the fog lights.
If you decide to do this you have to remove the contact from the back panel otherwise you melt the back panel. I did not take pictures but the pics from reh8388 are good for this.