PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 Touring - 1st time oil change at home. Any diagrams of the oil bleed and filter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2010, 12:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cool 2002 Touring - 1st time oil change at home. Any diagrams of the oil bleed and filter?

Hello,

I have a 2002 Touring Edition - It's my 1st time doing an oil change at home with my cruiser. Do you have any diagrams of the oil bleed cap and filter replacement? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Scott
Old 11 Jul 2010, 06:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Touring - 1st time oil change at home. Any diagrams of the oil bleed and fil

A 13mm box end wrench for the oil pan nut (No#5) and a small size oil filter wrench (No#4). Jack stands on both sides for your protection, not just the jacks. An oil catch pan that holds 6+ quarts. Rubber protection gloves (oil should be hot) and plenty of paper towels. Be careful, good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 06:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Touring - 1st time oil change at home. Any diagrams of the oil bleed and fil

You forgot a couple cold beers, One to enjoy when the oil is draining the other to reward one's self for a job well done

89 Shadow ES 2.5 T2 +20's A555 sold
86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
90 Daytona ES 2.5 T1 A523
90 Datyona Shelby VNT needs work
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
Old 11 Jul 2010, 12:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My PT is like a moster truck. I can crawl under it and change the oil with no jacks and no jack stands!

That means I need to lower it a little, right?
Old 11 Jul 2010, 12:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
My PT is like a moster truck. I can crawl under it and change the oil with no jacks and no jack stands!

Chris,

Lots of owners don't mind the large space in the wheel wells and don't want to hurt the ride in any way by installing lowering springs. The way the cruiser came off the assembly line is the way they will keep it. Totally an individual choice as to the way it looks.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 01:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Chris,

Lots of owners don't mind the large space in the wheel wells and don't want to hurt the ride in any way by installing lowering springs. The way the cruiser came off the assembly line is the way they will keep it. Totally an individual choice as to the way it looks.
Yeah, I don't mind it at all. In fact, it'll come in handy having a little higher ride height next winter!
Old 13 Jul 2010, 10:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Buy some "rhino ramps" - they're about $20.
Plastic, but hold way more than a PT weighs - drive up on the ramps and you can get under.....And it's safe.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 13 Jul 2010, 09:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Buy some "rhino ramps" - they're about $20.
Plastic, but hold way more than a PT weighs - drive up on the ramps and you can get under.....And it's safe.

Yeah I have those rhino ramps, I think they were 29 bucks at advance and they hold 8000lbs. And they are made out of plastic.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 14 Jul 2010, 09:06 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
My PT is like a moster truck. I can crawl under it and change the oil without no jacks and no jack stands!

man you're lucky, my 06pt is realy down to earth as i cant do anything without lifting it !
i'm even thinking of raising it but will wait until i have to change the lower arm bushing and struts so that it is all done in the same job same week

Tags
filter replacement, oil bleed cap, oil change