Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bumper Covers..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2010, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Curious about Bumper Covers..

Really I would like to replace my bumpers, both have some small damage. Right now though, that might be a bit costly, especially to have them color matched. Does anyone have the bumper covers for the front and back end? What do you think about them? I think it would prevent any extra wear on mine until I can replace them.

Last edited by KrisBo; 14 Jul 2010 at 04:59 pm.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 04:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Bumper Covers..

I was looking through the For Sale forum to see if there was anything I might be interested in. I saw a Cargo Shelf for $50. It just reminded me of then I got my cruiser I looked at about 7 junk yards and finally found one that matched. It just needed to be cleaned badly, and I only paid $25 for it. I use it ALL the time...
Old 19 Nov 2010, 12:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Curious about Bumper Covers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBo View Post
Really I would like to replace my bumpers, both have some small damage. Right now though, that might be a bit costly, especially to have them color matched. Does anyone have the bumper covers for the front and back end? What do you think about them? I think it would prevent any extra wear on mine until I can replace them.

hi KrisBo i have the same problem as yours before. what cover do u need? i bought a bumper cover for Nissan and its a cheaper and better one. not that expensive as what you are thinking. just try this bumper covers hope it will help you a lot like mine.
have a great day.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 02:29 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Bumper Covers..

Hey their KrisBo,

First off welcome to the Forum.

If you have got some minor damage to your Bumper Covers, and would like to clean them up, it would honestly be far faster, easier, and way less expensive to just hire out a local Mobile Bumper Repair or Paintless Dent Removal Service to come to either your home or work, and take care of the damage for you.

These Guys usually have a small service truck, or van and have the necessary equipment including an on board Computerized Paint Matching System, and can completely remove any damage you have on your Bumpers, and if needed can air brush out any areas that might require some paint touch up. Most of these Guys usually work a lot of the time one on one with Automotive Dealerships cleaning up Lot Damage, and most are very good at what they do to the point where it is often extremely hard to tell where they performed their repair work hands down. Best part is that because they are mobile, and the way these guys are usually set up, most of the time depending on the damage, and so forth, they are usually on average in and out in 2 - 3 hours max, and because of this, they often average between $150.00 - $250.00 to clean up all of the scratches, as well as door dings, or other minor imperfections over the entire vehicle. At that price, they are about a quarter of the time involved, and less than half the cost of having it done at a Professional Body Shop. I know if I were to respray your front, and back Bumpers in the booth at the Shop, you would be looking right now at $325.00 just in paint not including any boy work to clean up any additional damage just to give you a quick comparison. Their should be plenty of good PDR Guys, as well as Mobile Bumper Repair Companies around your area. I did a quick search, and found this local Company in Mesa for you already to at least get you pointed in the right direction.

Ding Doctor | PDR - Paintless Dent Removal and Repair in Phoenix Arizona

That's my two cents for what its worth anyway.

If you would still like to look into replacement parts weather OEM, Aftermarket Parts from Xenon, PTeazer, or any other parts, please let me know what you are looking for, and I could give you a rough idea of the cost of the parts, installation, refinishing. Just let me know what you are looking for exactly, and I would be more than happy to work up something in writing for you anytime.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 19 Nov 2010 at 02:32 am.
Old 07 Jun 2011, 02:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Been looking for someone who sells his rear and front bumper covers because mine has scratches which can no longer be fixed which is why I have to replace them.

Candyman: I live only in Maricopa. I hope this service of yours can come to my place to do the cleaning for my bumper. Should I still purchase the covers myself? Or will they provide it for me?
Old 07 Jun 2011, 08:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Spent the night online looking for what I needed and saw one a place where they sell $100 or just a little more than that. Of course the prices of these bumper covers depend on what car make, model and year, but they have the ones for BMW and whatever car their is.
Old 08 Jun 2011, 05:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

RaceAndStreet has them - and they are the best place to deal with.

Race and Street: Bumper & Trim

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Jun 2011, 01:03 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Bumper Covers..

Hey their davidjenkins12185,

Sorry for the delay in response. Been way busy lately and trying to play catch up.

My biggest question is this:

If your current bumpers are scratched just to the point where they need to be repainted then you should be able to either look at having a service air brush them out at a minimal cost, or worst case scenario have a shop just go ahead and refinish them. If their are deep gouges and or scratches into the bumper they can still be filled and cleaned up to where you could not tell where the damage was. So really unless your bumpers are so far beyond damaged to the point where they are no longer fixable, or your wanting a different look, then I would say replace, but just replacing parts solely on minor cosmetic damage seems at least to me a little on the more extreme side of things, kinda like replacing an entire fender over a couple of scratches, or at least that is kinda sorta what I am understanding at the moment with the limited information in front of me, so please correct me if I am wrong. I am just trying to offer my best advice on limited information and no pic's of the damage to work from.

The thing of it is, if you have cosmetic damage and need to refinish an entire front, or back bumper, your looking at an average cost of around $300.00 per bumper mostly due to the cost of the paint and so forth.

If you opt to buy either new bumper covers, or replacement bumpers like maybe a Xenon front end, or a roll pan in the back, or PTeazer parts, and so forth, in most circumstances your still going to wind up with raw parts which are then still going to have to be prepped, fitted, and painted as well which most likely will be around the same, or higher cost than refinishing your bumpers you already have.

In fact as a whole, often times going with Aftermarket bumper covers, or body kit components can have a slightly higher cost over having to absolutely replace a bumper with a Factory OEM Replacement part, or even more so on a Factory OEM reconditioned part in the case a Bumper cannot be salvaged or is completely beyond reasonable repair, and to be 100% honest, I have seen more street racer guys take front ends which have been torn damn near in half and beat to hell and then fixed, glassed, and resurrected over and over till their was nothing left of them, as well as having taken a bunch of different body kits that were meant for one car and cutting and chopping them into something completely different to fit on something else, so it can take a lot to wind up with a bumper that is so far gone it cannot be fixed, at least from personal experience.

If I could find an excuse to travel out their and had a way to clean stuff up on a mobile basis I would look at fixing them for ya but the logistics just aren't worth it.

Again that is just my best advice given the limited info and no pics to work off of. I wish you the very best on trying to find a good solution to your problem.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Candyman: Hey, it's perfectly alright. Been asking around for solutions. This one is great. Kind of considering buying those covers from an online catalog. And then I will get it done. But then if I do have the time, I'll consider doing it myself.

Thanks for your help, and taking time responding to my question.