Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
02 Dream Cruiser identification help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default 02 Dream Cruiser identification help!!

I was wondering about if anyone knows if 2002 Dream Cruiser were only made in the gold color? I always thought that was the only color.? When I just got back my insurance card in the mail and was looking at it it was listed as PT Cruiser Lmt/dream cruiser. I ran the vin # and it also showed its as a Dream Cruiser... so is that right? Mine is an 02 LE (emblem on back) Black Factory Woodie Package, it has every availabe options from 4 wheel disc brakes to heated seats with adjustable lumbar..I also looked up some Gold 02 vin# and they came up same listing. The numbers 68 were the (series numbers) on the vin # on the gold and also mine. I also heard some don't have any number plate for ID... Thanks for any info....
Old 16 Jul 2010, 06:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 02 Dream Cruiser identification help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twress View Post
I also heard some don't have any number plate for ID... Thanks for any info....

I was under the impression ALL the Dream Cruisers had the identification plate ID. Why would Chrysler make some without it?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 08:19 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: 02 Dream Cruiser identification help!!

Hey their Guys,

Well, I did some research on this one, and as far as I can tell, Chrysler had started offering the "Woody Package" in early 2002, which could be ordered as an additional option on any PT ranging from Base Models, to their highest Model at that time which even though they do not specify, I would intemperate as the 2002 Dream Cruiser Series 1. I do know that early on since CHrysler had not expected the high demand, that they had offered the PT with a whole variety of Custom Options to truly make the PT your own which eventually led to a good number of different configurations, and packages on various PT's. Their are base models with moon roofs, and leather, you name it, and their is probably a PT somewhere that has that configuration done to it.

So though most likely extremely rare, if not maybe the only one ever produced, but if you could confirm, and get documentation that what you have is indeed a Dream Cruiser with an added Woody Kit, then you may have a very unique and rare PT indeed. It really wouldn't surprise me, and the 2002 would be a tough one to really check as well. The 2003 would likely still have the 2.4 turbo HO, and the 17" Wheels still intact which would give it away as where the 2002 didn't have near as many characteristic features other than its DC Color Scheme which could have been ordered changed by the Customer which really wouldn't be all that beyond reason as the earlier PT's were going for sky high cost over sticker, people were spending so much on their PT's, a Custom Dream could have happened.

Anyways, it would be interesting if you could get it confirmed and documented. If you could get a hold of the Original Build Sheet, that should tell you I would think, or at least be a good start.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 17 Jul 2010, 11:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 02 Dream Cruiser identification help!!

Thanks Candyman for the time you took to answer my question on my Pt.. like I've said before "Your The MAN!!" I figured that out of all the people here you would probably be the most knowledgeable on the subject owning one yourself...I've looked up other VIN# for the Gold DC and the numbers were the same for the series numbers. I guess I'll try to figure out where I can get more info on My Baby..That would be cool to have Woody Dream Cruiser, and like I said before it has every option I've seen for an 02..like you said there probably aren't to many around...

Last edited by twress; 17 Jul 2010 at 11:30 pm.