PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I can add my Dealership story to a long line...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2010, 11:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PTPatrick1985 Send a message via Yahoo to PTPatrick1985
Default I can add my Dealership story to a long line...

So, as I posted in a previous thread about the A/C and coolant fans, I finally saved up the money for my Service plan to get my car fixed.

When I purchased my PT, I got the 8 year, 80000 Max Care plan that Chrysler offers. It's a 2006, with 52,000 miles, way under the guidelines.

Well the first thing said was that the Fan wasn't covered when it plainly states in my plan that it does.. I was told it would be 683.00 to repair it..

Well thanks to the website I knew it was a ripoff. So I told them no. A fan on the internet is only 183 bucks anyway.

So another guy comes around and introduces himself. He tells me that the hood of my car was damaged. The Tech closed the hood on the hood prop. So my nice Cool Vanillia PT Cruiser has a giant dent and black mark on the hood now.

Well thanks to people who work on cars for a living that don't know how to close a hood, I get my car fixed for free.

So to wrap it up, I will never, ever go to a dealership. I don't care if I have the Chrysler plan or not

Last edited by PTPatrick1985; 19 Jul 2010 at 11:37 am.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 01:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: I can add my Dealership story to a long line...

It does sound like a dealership to avoid. Your dented hood was why a bunch of us put the hood struts on as one of our first modifications. Hearing stores of dented hoods was enough to make the change. Glad they are at least fixing that for you.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 01:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PTPatrick1985 Send a message via Yahoo to PTPatrick1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
It does sound like a dealership to avoid. Your dented hood was why a bunch of us put the hood struts on as one of our first modifications. Hearing stores of dented hoods was enough to make the change. Glad they are at least fixing that for you.
They are also going to fix my fan no charge as well. I'm kind of afraid to let them touch my car, honestly. I think i'll have my mechanic look at it during inspection time.

I didn't know about the hood struts. Never came across them looking around the board haha I'll have to look into it.

I'm just glad I found this site, it's been a huge help
Old 19 Jul 2010, 01:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you look at my sig pic, you can just make out the right support. A little expensive at $140 but if you go to www.RaceandStreet.com under the "store" you'll see the kit that you can buy. no holes to drill and they are really worth it if you do a lot of cleaning under the hood or show your car off at shows.

Good news that they are fixing the fan for free.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 01:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Search Google for PT Cruiser hood struts and you can find black ones for $100.
I bought mine used for a lot less off a PT Forum from someone selling their PT.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Jul 2010, 02:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum!!

Actually it sounds like you have a decent dealership, they are bending over backwards after damaging your hood by fixing it and doing the fan for free. Don't give up on them, they can be part of a great team.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 19 Jul 2010, 02:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Is your car a certified vehicle? Chrysler doesn't offer any aftermarket service contracts. They're offered by the dealer.

However, Chrysler's certified warranty is 8 years/80k miles, which makes me wonder if it wasn't certified when you bought it.

If it's certified, why wouldn't you have contacted Chrysler when the dealer refused to honor the warranty?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 03:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Go to another dealer next time, some are good and some are bad.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 19 Jul 2010, 04:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heifetz17 View Post
Is your car a certified vehicle? Chrysler doesn't offer any aftermarket service contracts. They're offered by the dealer.

However, Chrysler's certified warranty is 8 years/80k miles, which makes me wonder if it wasn't certified when you bought it.

If it's certified, why wouldn't you have contacted Chrysler when the dealer refused to honor the warranty?
I never did get an answer on this, I asked why it wasn't covered and all I got was " I don't know"

Well your part of Chrysler, who else is going to know????

How do you know if it's certified? Actually i'm going to head over to chryslers website and investigate

Last edited by PTPatrick1985; 19 Jul 2010 at 04:11 pm.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

OK so I looked up my service contract with the VIN and my name from chrysler and got this.. It looks like it is in effect

Contract Summary for CROFT
Contract Number
VIN Number
Description CERTIFIED PRE OWNED VEHICLE PROGRAM
Expires on 2014-07-06 or 80000 miles
Start Date 2006-07-07
Deductible Per Repair $100.00
Towing Coverage $0.00
Rental Car Allowance $35.00 per day for a maximum of $175.00