Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Broken windshield cleaner hose connector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Broken windshield cleaner hose connector

Wasn't sure which section of the forum exactly this should go in. Move as necessary please.

One of the connectors that connects the windshield cleaner fluid hose to the squirty part (technical term) attached in the hood broke. I only have one working windshield cleaner squirter now--luckily it's the drivers' side.

Where can I get a replacement connector, is it something I need to get from a dealer? Is it something I can easily attach myself?

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Broken windshield cleaner hose connector

This part of the forum is good enough.

Your technical terms are a little confusing about what part actually broke but if you can get it off, take it to any car parts store and see if they have a replacement. They probably do. If the part you need doesn't come off, just tell the clerk that it's part of the windshield washer system and they should be able to direct you to where they keep replacement parts.

P.S. thanks for adding your input to the person looking for a yellow convertible.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 20 Jul 2010 at 12:55 pm.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

As I said, it's the connector that broke. The connector that attaches the hose to the part in the hood where the water comes out. My hose no longer attaches to the hood.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That "connector" might be part of the squirter itself so you might have to replace the squirter. They usually come in pairs, at the same store I told you about.

I replaced both of mine with lighted squirters so I can't go out and look at what your talking about.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 01:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Same thing happened on my daughter's - only both squirters died...

Hardest part is getting the hood blanket clips off - I used a flat screwdriver and needle-nose pliers.

I took out old nozzles (they snap in, depress clips and push out), and be sure to get any old plasic ought of the hose.

Buy any LED washer nozzles - just didn't hook up the lights on my daughter's.... The new one "bolt" is (a nut on underside of hood) and fit and work fine.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Jul 2010, 02:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Be ware if you're going to buy LED washer nozzels that they're usually not street legal, so I wouldn't have them lit while you're driving.