PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Drivers side window and cigarette lighter not working?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs down Drivers side window and cigarette lighter not working?

My cigarette lighter plug stopped working randomly a few months back. Someone said that it might be a fuse? Checked fuses, seems ok? Wondering if this is something I can fix on my own? Also a couple weeks ago my drivers window stopped working.. and then started working again..until this past weekend.. where it will not go down. I hear a "click" when I push on the button to roll down the window, but not hearing anything in the door of the window? HELP! I have only owned this PT for a few months but seems to have random problems. Bllaaahh!!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 03:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Drivers side window and cigarette lighter not working?

What year PT do you have? What fuses did you check?

As far as the window. If you hear a click, your going to have to take the inner door panel off and see if there's a bad connection or maybe the motor is burnt out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

As far as I know all fuses were checked by my friend.. I have a 03 dream cruiser....
Old 22 Jul 2010, 06:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What I was getting at is that a lot of owners forget about the fuses in the engine compartment and only check the interior fuses. In the engine compartment there's a black box known as the PDC (Power Distribution Center) and the No.#19 fuse is for the Power Outlets. Wondering if your friend checked that one.

On the drivers window, if it's only one not working, it won't be a fuse.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 07:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Oh snap, I didn't know about the fuses in the engine... so thanks for that one! Yeah I kinda figured it wasn;t gonna be a fuse since it's the only window but I thought I might be lucky. Do you know about how much it would cost to fix this?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Haven't the foggiest idea on the cost but it might be cheaper going to a glass place rather than the dealer. Dealer charges by the hour, glass place won't go by the hour but might give you a price up front. Although, if it turns out to be the window switch in the front console, he won't have the part where a dealer will.