Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Coolant System Problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2010, 03:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Coolant System Problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Okay, I have a 2006 PT Cruiser non-turbo, and it recently overheated. Took it to the dealership for warranty work (which warranty company denied, long story), and was told it was the fan assembly. We replaced the fan assembly and the thermostat (just in case) and the car is STILL OVERHEATING!!!!

What the hell can be wrong with it? Is there a fuse or sensor maybe? I don't think there is a clog in the coolant system.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks in advance. I need to get this car on the road today so a quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
CGrayFlorida
Old 24 Jul 2010, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Coolant System Problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!

By the way....we also want to know where the "fan module" is and where we can buy one to replace it. I can't find one thing on the internet about this part and everything I have read, from the service manual, owners manual, and online, keeps referring us to the "fan assembly" which we have already replaced and did not correct the problem.

WHY ARE WE HAVING SO MUCH TROUBLE FINDING THIS PART!!!!! WHERE THE HELL IS IT IN THE CAR!!!!!! The dealership quoted us $447.00 for that part!!!! I find it hard to believe I can't find it a LOT cheaper somewhere else.

PLEASE HELP!!! I need my car up and running. It's been down a week already and I can't keep borrowing friend's cars to get to work.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 05:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Coolant System Problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Lets stop this thread now and just stick with your other one.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 24 Jul 2010 at 05:12 pm.