Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I'M new here aloha everyone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2010, 08:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default I'M new here aloha everyone

i have a 06 pt cruiser limited edition 39k miles 2.4 turbo auto...is it even worth trying to mess with??? Any ideas??: lightbulb: plz let me know
Old 01 Aug 2010, 08:59 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: I'M new here aloha everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPtCruizer View Post
i have a 06 pt cruiser limited edition 39k miles 2.4 turbo auto...is it even worth trying to mess with??? Any ideas??: lightbulb: plz let me know

What to you mean, mess with? It sounds like you got yourself a really great ride. And the PT is one of the most customizable rides out there.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 01 Aug 2010, 09:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes i agree but its an auto and where do i get stuff to customize it? ty for replying ..
Old 01 Aug 2010, 09:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPtCruizer View Post
Yes i agree but its an auto and where do i get stuff to customize it? ty for replying ..
We're lucky their are so many great places to buy from, EBAY for one. Another place off the top of my head is PTWarehouse - Your PT Cruiser Superstore. Also look in the vendors section.

Just what to you want to do, make it faster or just make it look better or maybe some of both?

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 01 Aug 2010, 09:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

I kinda want to make it look better from the outside i have stock 16" rims on it thinking about going bigger and a good body kit then move into the engine ive done alot with engines but never a pt 2.4 turbo ill post pics tommorow to c wat everyone thinks so far is there a place to buy and sell stuff on here too?? j/w

Last edited by YoungPtCruizer; 01 Aug 2010 at 09:37 am. Reason: changed words
Old 01 Aug 2010, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.

Yes. At the bottom of the forum there's the Market Place that has 3 sections. For Vendors, For Sale by owners and Wanted by owners.

Also, I know your use to texting to your friends, but on the forum, it's polite to talk in sentences with capitals and punctuation. Makes it a lot easier for members to read.

As far as modding out your cruiser, one of our favorite place is www.Raceandstreet.com Just click on "store" on the uppper right hand corner for almost everything there is to buy for the PT. Maggie runs the place and is great to work with.

We also have a Turbo section where you can browse through the hundreds of questions by other Turbo owners that were looking to "upgrade" their engines for more speed which is, I guess, what your after.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Aug 2010 at 10:44 am.
Old 01 Aug 2010, 11:52 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. I do have a 2.4 turbo auto and is a fun car to MOD. I do have some pic in my profile that will probably will give you some ideas. Good luck and have fun.
Old 01 Aug 2010, 01:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the site...you can find about any info you want here..

Hey Dino see you lurking here...lol
Old 01 Aug 2010, 01:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm also new to the forums as well and have an 06 PT with manual transmission and 63K miles on her. It's pretty much the base model but it looks like there was a performance/sport package available for these models? I've got a magnaflow air filter system, a K&N fuse box and it looks/sounds like a performance or aftermarket exhaust. I got it as an R title from Maryland (minor damage) and had it restored.

I've been thinking about adding some upgrades to it for more performance/appearance but I've also been thinking about seeing what I can get for a trade in as there is an 06 GT manual transmission that I'd love to have for 12K.. so I'm kind of torn on what I'd like to do. The things that I would like that are in the GT are the 16" tires, moon roof, turbo and cruise control.

Some minor things I was thinking about doing were adding the fog lights and was also wondering if I could change out the cluster with one of the limited or GT ones which has more information on it as opposed to the base model one.
Old 01 Aug 2010, 07:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZRain

Welcome to the forums !! enjoy .... Happy Cruisin !! ZZ