Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
my car and 8foot lumber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2003, 04:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default my car and 8foot lumber

i was very happy to find out i can get 8' long lumber in my car, although i had the seats covered with a tarp : )
Old 11 Nov 2003, 05:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

I know, it's the best. The first week I had it I got an entire kids bedroom set in there, bed with drawers underneath, small dresser and some other things.

Wife "You'll never fit all that in that little car"

Me "Have faith, this is the PT!!"

Versatile? I'd say.

Old 11 Nov 2003, 05:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Man you guys haul lumber in your PT's???[:I]

I'm still afraid to let people in the back seats...

--------
2003 Silver GT
PT Cruiser 3rd Brk cling, APC GEN2 Eurotails. BTG Intake. StreetGlow Gold Series underglow kit \"Green\". BTG Strut tower Brace.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 06:40 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Anyone take a "chance" yet and carry STEER MANURE in the back of their car so the wife's "plants would be happy"??? [:0] I'm not sure a tarp would help much!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 07:13 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

That's one of the things that make the Cruiser so cool!

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 11 Nov 2003, 07:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

Last year my hot water heater went out so I went to Home Depot and bought a new one. It was the full size 50 gal heater in the box. As I rolled it out to the lot, an employee asked if he could help and of course I said "Sure!".

When I rolled the cart up to the PT he looked at me and said he didn't think the roof was strong enough to hold it. I looked back at him quizzically, saying "Who said anything about putting it on the roof? It's going inside." He laughed. After we slid it in and closed the lid on it, he was apologetic about laughing at me. The next words out of his mouth... "That's the coolest thing I have ever seen. A cool car with a pickup truck inside!"

I was grinning ear to ear, of course![?]

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Best 1/4 so far: 14.489 @ 93.65, best 1/8: 9.222 @ 74.261
Old 11 Nov 2003, 08:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

yep, the peeps at homedepot sure took a secound look when walking buy as 8'x6" lumber (paneling)went inside, and i closed the hatch without any problems...

Old 11 Nov 2003, 08:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I am assuming that the front seat also was lowered. Not sure if I could get that in mine. The front dosen't fold forward, like I thought it did.[xx(] Basic '02!! The salesman showed us how they folded down, must have been on another style!!!
Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

I am assuming that the front seat also was lowered. Not sure if I could get that in mine. The front dosen't fold forward, like I thought it did.[xx(] Basic '02!! The salesman showed us how they folded down, must have been on another style!!!
I thought they all folded forward. ??? Check again.

Thankfully I still have my pickup for hauling. I've hauled boxes in the PT but never lumber.

Leave it to Punch to get his money's worth from his car. Way to go Punch. What's next? maybe roofing?

2003 Electric Blue GT. Mods - BTG lowering springs, Polished Blane hood struts and hatch strut covers, chrome door handle scratch guards, molded rear splash guards, BTG polished strut tower brace, BTG axle back exhaust, K&N drop in air filter with baffles removed, Royal Purple synthetic motor oil and K&N filter, Polished front and rear sill plates, Chrome \"PT CRUISER\" rear license plate frame, chrome door spear covers, Chrome antenna bezel, Get the BEST detail products from Gary here: http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
See my PT and mods here:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289059783

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: stephenlarson@adelphia.net
Old 11 Nov 2003, 10:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

The first couple weeks we had ours, I put an 8' ladder in there. Tied it down with bungies so it didn't get away. Fit beautifully, but....
Apparently I had the bungies so tight, every bounce bounced the ladder into the airbag cover on the passenger side, against which it was resting.

Have yet to get that fixed. Still dented to this day. Only been 2 and a half years....
Someday....

t
aftermarket sunroof, Hedman hedders, APC intake, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs, glasspack exhaust, Pirelli P6000s, Mopar wheels, double armrest, 8\" subs under each front seat, Kenwood amp, Xenon rear spoiler, PTeazer rear rollpan, Xenon Crusher 6.0 front facia, Xenon Crusher side skirts, painted mirror housings, chrome upper strut tower brace, chrome battery cover, flameball shifter, chrome flame-etched sill plates and door inserts, airbag warning coverups, 3rd brake light overlay, Streetglow Neoblu underbody neon and headlight inserts, painted calipers and drums, washer fluid nozzle blue LEDs

www.bigdcruisers.com
www.cowtowncruisers.com