Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How much is this PT worth??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2010, 08:45 pm
Young Cruiser

Default How much is this PT worth??

I know worth is a relative thing and that I can look up Blue book values online, but I'm just wondering what I can expect if I sell my PT that I've been putting a lot of work into.

2002 Touring Ed Blue
104k miles, Automatic
New Transmission Control Module, Shift Solenoid, Filter.
New Water Pump, Timing Belt, Oil Seals, Tensioner
One of the Alloy rims is bent(with a slow leak)
So I have a steel rim in its place, Dash has some cracks
New Multi function switch (lights, wipers)
New Battery (with a year warranty).

I live in central Florida (b/t Tampa and Orlando) and I've been trying to sell this (for what I think is quite low) with little to no interest. Any ideas, suggestions, or a ball park of what one would reasonably pay for this??

... I know you's guys are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to all these sorta things ... thanks in advance ...
Old 04 Aug 2010, 09:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: How much is this PT worth??

Bentron,

Nothing on your list makes your PT worth any more. Your mileage hurts. People expect a car to have things fixed to keep it running. I'm no expert and I did use Kelly Blue Book for an average then knocked off for missing wheel and cracked dash. Haven't seen your car so can't say what the outside looks like so I'd just take a wild guess at $2500 - $3500.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Aug 2010, 09:04 pm
Young Cruiser

yeah, i was asking 3,000 for it, outside is pretty much mint condition ... maybe i should try asking 2500 ... i have almost nothing invested in it ... and I know cars are generally regarded as a money pit of sorts ... thanks for the input ...
Old 05 Aug 2010, 07:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Unfortunately what we do to our PT's usually mean nothing to prospective buyers. If we do anything to the engine it scares people as they think we tried to turn it into a "racer".
When I traded the 2006 in on the 2008, I told the salesman (after we agreed on the trade in value) that the "shiny" stuff I had on it wouldn't be there when I traded it in, as I planned on putting it on the new 2008. His comment was, "might as well as the price isn't based on that anyway". They probably just took it to a auction anyways.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Aug 2010, 09:09 am
Senior Cruiser

You should fix the rim, and add a carfax to your ad if your PT has had no accidents. And push the fact that the timing belt and water pump are done and she is good to go for another 100k.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05 Aug 2010, 10:32 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: How much is this PT worth??

Hey their Bentron

Yep, the sad truth is, at the end of the day, it matters little if anything what is said and done to our PT's to add any kind of value whatsoever. My aby is a prime example of that. I have about $7000.00 worth of a complete repaint and graphics in candy apple tangerine pearl from House of Kolor, another $3000.00 worth of audio/video set up, $4000.00 worth of custom air ride suspension and the list goes on, nd on. It i even a true Dream Cruiser Series 2 which ca,e sequentially Numbered by Chrysler at # 0377 of a now confirmed limited production to 1840 out of an originally estimates 4500 units per sale worldwide.

The original sales fell short after it was feared people would be afraid of the OEM orange color scheme which resulted in poor initial sales via factory to deakership which in then end cut production down dramatically.

Anywyas, even with all the work i put ino mine, having every available option for 2003 via the Dream Cruiser package, and having le3ss than 50,000 miles on her, unfortunately the value is sadly still pretty much the same. overall if I wanted to sell her. Though I love my PT too much to ever par with her and instead plan on keeping her and continuing to mod her per my buget till I am satisfied, and then pass her down to my next generation, but still, money wise...

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 05 Aug 2010, 11:33 am
Young Cruiser

will it increase its value monetarily enough to make it worth fixing the rim, or buoying a new one? same with the cracks in the dash?
Old 06 Aug 2010, 05:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentron View Post
will it increase its value monetarily enough to make it worth fixing the rim, or buoying a new one? same with the cracks in the dash?
You may not make extra money by fixing the rim but if I was coming to look at it the rim would be a major turn off. The dashboard would be too expensive to fix.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 07 Aug 2010, 09:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
You may not make extra money by fixing the rim but if I was coming to look at it the rim would be a major turn off. The dashboard would be too expensive to fix.
Ditto, some things are worth doing and that is one of them.
Old 08 Aug 2010, 02:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I just sold my 2002 Limited with 107,000 miles for $5495. Had new timing belt, 2 fairly new tires, dual exhaust and a "few" painted pieces inside. Sold it on cragislist. Sure do miss that little car.