Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hey I am new and need your advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2010, 06:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hey I am new and need your advice

I am looking at an 01 Limited Edition, 5 sp manual, traction control sun roof and bouy coddington wheels. The car has 82,000 miles and I can get it for around $5200. This is a non turbo car. What do you think is this a decient price for this year curiser?
Old 09 Aug 2010, 06:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Hey I am new and need your advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxwell View Post
I am looking at an 01 Limited Edition, 5 sp manual, traction control sun roof and bouy coddington wheels. The car has 82,000 miles and I can get it for around $5200. This is a non turbo car. What do you think is this a decient price for this year curiser?
It's on the expensive side. Welcome to the forum.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 09 Aug 2010, 06:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.

Probably a little high unless it's in almost perfect condition. Don't do anything without having a really good look and drive. At 100,000 miles a service is due that will run you somewhere around $1000 so keep that in mind.

P.S. that's Boyd Coddington .

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Aug 2010, 08:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yep I notice the spelling after I submitted it. What do you think is a fair price for the vehicle?
Old 09 Aug 2010, 09:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'd really have to see it to give you a fair price to see how the original owner took care of it. I'm really kinda fussy about my vehicles.

I do know you can find PT's all over the place so don't be in a big rush and don't forget about the $1000 service that's coming up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Aug 2010, 09:50 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Hey I am new and need your advice

Hey mamaxwell,

A lot really depends on what the Cruiser looks like before you can really get a good educated evaluation to be honest. If you could maybe post a few pics of it, we should be able to give you a better idea if if its worth it or not.

Here is a little write up if you are not familiar with posting pics on the Forum.

Simple Guide to how to post Photo's on this Forum:

On one hand it does sound a bit on the higher end, and it might very likely need the timing belt, and water pump replaced which is normally due at around the 100,000 mile mark, however if it has had a great deal of money in modifications, the money involved might be an offset to the cost of customization if that might be of interest to the overall vehicle. For example, Boyd Coddington are not cheap by any means. They were all machined from solid chunks of Billet Aluminum on a CNC Machine, and in order to be fit on a PT, they had to have been special ordered with not only the right offset, but also as blanks, and custom drilled to fit the 5 - 100 bolt pattern to fit the PT correctly so whoever bought them spent some money on them. And if they spent that kind of money on wheels, its possible they might have also spent some serious money on other parts like very expensive PTeazer body parts, or something else that might be overlooked by someone who has not been really involved in PT's for a while, which is why I say it miht be better if you posted a couple of photos so we can give you a better more educated idea of what you have got on the table, and if its worth the extra cost involved. I hope that might make scene kinda sorta.

I mean, ya never know, their are a lot of older full customized PT's, even some that were built for SEMA, or CES that have had $50,000 or more worth of parts, and work done to them out their floating around that are going for cheap now a days! I have a few that were literally off the charts go for next to nothing in the not so distant past so, like I say, ya just never know till you actually see what your dealing with!

Please let us know, and we should be able to tell you more about whats what. Take care, and hope to hear back from you shortly.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 11 Aug 2010, 08:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I paid $5900 a year ago for a 01 Inferno Red LE that was pretty much loaded it had 90,000 miles, but it had just had the timing belt and water pump replaced on it. It had no dents or scratches on it. This spring after it got totalled I paid $5500 for a 02 Black LE with the Factory Woody kit with 92,000 on it, it to was very clean, but hasn't had the timing belt or water pump replaced yet.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 09:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That's high.
Autos are costlier - here's an '03 turbo for less:
2003 PT CRUISER GT $4500

And and new member got an '03 for lots less

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...lots-pics.html

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Aug 2010, 10:31 am
Young Cruiser

I bought mine for ~5k After paying the tax,tag fee garbage..
03GT 62k miles
Bought middle of june this past year. From Miami..
I used autotrader/craigslist

I seen an 04 with 33,000 for 6k
Old 11 Aug 2010, 09:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

i got my 2004 dream cruiser with highout put turbo with 70.000 miles about 4 months ago for 6k .