Old 09 Aug 2010, 09:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default just some pics of my PT

Hope u like
Old 09 Aug 2010, 09:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: just some pics of my PT

Nice. I can see you got bitten hard by the mod bug

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 09 Aug 2010, 09:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks. haha ya u can say that. I havent done anything to the engine yet. Trying to figure out what i wanna do to it
Old 09 Aug 2010, 09:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: just some pics of my PT

Hey their KC,

Keep up the sick work!

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 09 Aug 2010, 10:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks candyman. all i got to say about ur PT is wow looks amazeing. mines a dream cruiser to but an 02. Yours blows mine out the water though haha
Old 09 Aug 2010, 10:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: just some pics of my PT

A BEAUTY!!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 10 Aug 2010, 11:23 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey their KC,

I thank you big time for the props on my ride! Always much appreciated big time! Its still a never ending work in progress for sure, and ac actually has no where near as many body mods as you've got going on as of yet, though I am hoping to hang a new pan on soon which has some shaved back up lights, and a way cool smoothed lexan cover which is made to cover flush over the license plate box so it all fits smooth as on piece. Another thing on the to do list. LOL.

Anywyas, thanks again for the props, I big time appreciate it!

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah i have about a million things to do (or want ) on a list in my head haha. I just got a new head unit and put it in and its defective . The ground to my e brake keeps the brake light on all the time so now i have to take it out and ship it back. i also got new speakers but one of them wont work. ugh!!!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 04:56 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey their KC,

Yep, I totally know what you mean their for sure! I have a Teazer roll pan with custom shaved reverse lights, and a flush mount lexan license plate cover so it all fits smooth as one piece that has been sitting in primer just begging for paint for a good 6 months or more now! Here is a very sad pic.

That and I want to work on getting the bottom lip shaved flush under my ride, relocate my exhaust somewhere higher and see if I can lay my PT on its rockers!

Then finally get a proper trailer so I don't have to UHaul mine to out of State Shows. Another Pic.

And then for my mental list, now that one is a bit more complicated.

Mostly, cut the roof and add a full power ragtop Cali style, suicide the rear doors the right way by cutting and then reforming the front parts of the rear quarters to access for proper bracing and support, make a custom reverse hood kit from an older BMW Hood Hinge set up, slightly widen and smooth in my wheel wells, and completely remove and build new inner wheel wells out of polished diamond plate around a set of 20"s giving it a more tucked look when aired out and sitting on the ground, split the tailgate horizontally so the top half opens up, and the lower half down, smooth in my roll pan, shave the tail lights and smooth in some LED's in the bottom of the pan, shave the handles, emblems, squirters, and so on, replace the rear seat with two more buckets matching the front, fiberglass a complete new dash pretty much like the PTeazer Roadster is only have a custom console extend from the dash all the way to the trunk which would house my XBox 360 Elite I have under my front seat now so it gets better ventilation, house my remotes, and so on, and flow into a new glassed in sub enclosure in the trunk. Smooth in a new prototype front end I have been working for a while on designing, Fab up some new side view mirror plates out of polished diamond plate so I can mount my billet flamed chopper mirrors, And then a complete respray and new flames both in and out.

And I think that is about it. I got it all played out big time in my head exactly!

Though of course my Wife is a bit Leary of me working on the car since last time I told her I was just going to air brush some simple flames and next thing she say our only car with like 2000 miles on it looking like this. LOL Hey, I did put it all back together, and only had 5 or 6 bolts left over. Wife was not happy over that one for a while!

But it wasn't my first car I chopped to pieces, and won't be my last for sure! Here is another I made out of a junked 74 Bug that was otherwise bound for he scrap yard deemed worthless. Now look at it!!! I did the concept, all body and paint, glass, and all other cosmetics, and my buddy that owned it did the mechanical. He still has it too.

Though if I had to do it all over again, I would have gone for more something smoother like this which I originally was kinda wanting to aim more towards but my buddy was in love with my original concept. Anyways this was more what I was wanting to do,

And another of my quick concepts I went and turned into a reality way back once upon a time a long time ago. I got several awards for this on way back when I built her, or technically the Owner did.

And my buddies toy box where he still lets me play every now and then.

I shot the Nova and Ranchero as well. The Nova I did the air brush on as well. The thing is a beast with a big block, and will push 's all day on pump gas! Though I am not allowed by my Wife to go too often over to the Shop as I always tend to disappear into the paint booth for a couple of days every time I go so. What can I say, I love to do it! Always have, always will! Of course most all of this stuff was back in the day when I was really in to paint and custom air brush and all, but I still get the itch every now and then. In fact I had a guy with an older Honda begging me to do a respray in Candy Blue with silver Lowrider style with all the custom flaked patterns and designs just yesterday. Not too many guys can get all into that kinda stuff too often anymore. Flake has to be shot dry and its way hard to get old school flake to lay flay enough so you don't have to bury it so deep in clear you run the risk of screwing up your gaps cause the paint is so thick! Ask any Painter and they will tell you, old school true flake is a dying art! LOL, you can tell I'm still hooked on paint huh? Hi, I'm Candy, and I'm a custom paint'a'holic.... Sooo many projects, soo little time!!!

So, if you could unleash someone like me with my skill set and an unlimited budget, what would you do to your ride?

Last edited by Candyman; 11 Aug 2010 at 05:26 am.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 10:22 am
Young Cruiser

Quick question candyman, You have the same rims as I. I am missing 3 of the 4 center pieces. Although my rims are not chrome, I would like to know where you bought those centerpieces.

P.S. Lovin the paintjobs you do. How much would the average joe expect to pay for a base metalflake paintjob such as yours -minus the flames. I am very envious. My fear is whoever painted my car prior to my purchase a month and a half ago, painted it cheap. Presently, I have noticed several paint chips in numerous places. I am just waxing the hell out of it to keep it protected, as I fear there may not be a very good clearcoat applied;however, I know that I will be in the market for a new paint job quite soon. Wish you were in FL to give you some business. Although, it appears your work is more of a pleasure