Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dino

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Ginz
Default 2001 pt cruiser p0700 code

Good Morning everyone,

Was wondering where i can go other then a dealer to get this code read?

Went to a dealer on my way to work this morning and they wanted to charge me 112 buck just to read the code i was like no way and other ideas or what scan tool i need to read the tcm thanks everyone
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2001 pt cruiser p0700 code

TRANS FAULT PRESENT
EATX or Aisin transmission controller has an active fault and has
requested MIL illumination via a bus message to the SBEC/JTEC (MIL,
DTC, and freeze-frame data reset following transmission fault clear

Hows the transmission?

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

no trouble at all shifts fine still drives amazing for a ten year old car and thing i should look for when im driving it sorry new to pt cruiser was use to driving camaros and trans ams
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The P0700 code is a generalized code for the transaxle. You will have to find someone with a good scanner to narrow why the code that was set in the computer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

what kind of scanner will i need my step dad works on cars alot and has alot of scanners just need to know which one once i find that out will keep everyone posted on what it is
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:54 am
Senior Cruiser

Have you done anything to the car lately like flush the radiator? Anything that happened right before the error code. Their is another thread running with someone that got this code after flushing their radiator. Go to the search function and go to advanced search and search for the code it will give you some more information but it's a vague error message.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 14 Aug 2010, 09:56 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginz View Post
what kind of scanner will i need my step dad works on cars alot and has alot of scanners just need to know which one once i find that out will keep everyone posted on what it is
Sometimes autozone or pepboys will check it for free with their scanner.
deadspice7 likes this.

Old 14 Aug 2010, 10:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Have you done anything to the car lately like flush the radiator? Anything that happened right before the error code. Their is another thread running with someone that got this code after flushing their radiator. Go to the search function and go to advanced search and search for the code it will give you some more information but it's a vague error message.

when i bought the car two weeks ago there was a stack of papers of everything done to the car since bought brand new went threw all of that and the flush was done at 85k so i think im good there also there was nothing wrong with the car at all other then the car was sitting for a few months not being drivin but started everyday maybe the old gas that was in the car might over done that cause i just let the car go to empy then filled it up
Old 14 Aug 2010, 11:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Try pulling the negative cable off for 10 minutes. That resets the computer. See if the code comes back. Your stepdad should be able to read the code with one of his scanners, when he looks at the connection, he should be able to tell.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar