PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
General PT questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2010, 09:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question General PT questions

im having some trouble on a few things:

1. i was taking of the light on the ceiling of the car and broke the bulb, cant get the screw-in part of the bulb out, and where do i get a new bulb?

2. how do i get that "haze" off of my headlights, i bought a resroration kit, and it failed, id like a easy simple way...

3. im tired of my bumper (2002 model), i tried spray-painting it with bumper coating paint, but still looks iffy. is there a good gloss paint i could use?
i was also looking at these chrome insert things that u can put on your bumper, any one got'em?

4. i need new wheel covers, not fake chrome ones (you get laughed at for fake rims around here) anyone know a good site with a wide selection? auto stores suck, they have such a tiny selection to choose from and i would not spend money on rims for they would most likely get stolen.

thats all i'll ask for now, anyone got any info?
Old 20 Aug 2010, 10:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: General PT questions

1. Take a needle nose pliers and grab hold of whatever is left of the bulb and turn conter-clockwise. Hopefully it will come out. The bulb is a T579 and most auto stores should have it.

2. How to: Fully Restore your Headlights.

3. Black Bumper Fix

4. eBay search for "PT Cruiser Wheel Cover"

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Aug 2010, 06:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
1. Take a needle nose pliers and grab hold of whatever is left of the bulb and turn conter-clockwise. Hopefully it will come out. The bulb is a T579 and most auto stores should have it.

2. How to: Fully Restore your Headlights.

3. Black Bumper Fix

4. eBay search for "PT Cruiser Wheel Cover"
that thread about headlights is not an easy simple way (and way to long to read)

and for my bumper question, i was jus asking if there was a good glossy paint i could put on it?
Old 21 Aug 2010, 07:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity88 View Post
that thread about headlights is not an easy simple way (and way to long to read)

You could pay to have it done at dozens of different places that will gladly take you money and then you don't have to read anything.

and for my bumper question, i was just asking if there was a good glossy paint i could put on it?

If you have the black bumpers, NO. Just painting them won't last more than a couple days. The surface has to be sanded, an adhesive should be mixed with the paint along with a flex agent because as soon as you move the bumper will flex and the paint will crack into millions of tiny pieces. The paint must be able to move.
Good luck.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 12:59 am
Fanatic Cruiser

A quick and easy way to get rid of the cloudy headlights is to replace them.

There's no such thing as a quick 10 minute fix for this sort of issue. Our body shop at my dealership does this service for $75. That includes both headlights and it takes a little better than an hour.

However, we use commercial grade materials that you can't buy in an over the counter kit, and the results are much closer to the new headlight look than what you could do yourself.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 05:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

I took my '03 PT down to Big-O Tires and they resurfaced my "glazed" headlights. They now look about 89% new (which isn't bad compared to the way they looked). I now wax them with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, and five months have pased and they haven't started glazing again.

As far as your problem with "fake rims" in your town? You might consider moving away from Goober, or Dogpatch, or Cooterville, or wherever--and go live in an area where people don't make you feel like you're in the seventh grade (and have worn the wrong shirt or shoes to school, thus damaging your sense of self-worth and reputation, altogether) ....

Tim
Old 23 Aug 2010, 07:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
I took my '03 PT down to Big-O Tires and they resurfaced my "glazed" headlights. They now look about 89% new (which isn't bad compared to the way they looked). I now wax them with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, and five months have pased and they haven't started glazing again.

As far as your problem with "fake rims" in your town? You might consider moving away from Goober, or Dogpatch, or Cooterville, or wherever--and go live in an area where people don't make you feel like you're in the seventh grade (and have worn the wrong shirt or shoes to school, thus damaging your sense of self-worth and reputation, altogether) ....

Tim
LOL
Old 24 Aug 2010, 10:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

they make soem really sweet aftermarker rims that wont cost you a arm and a leg the bolt pattern is a little odd but they do have some nice wheels out there
Old 24 Aug 2010, 09:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post

Tim
lol, what i ment was "Fake chrome rims" are laughable,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
they make soem really sweet aftermarker rims that wont cost you a arm and a leg the bolt pattern is a little odd but they do have some nice wheels out there
is there a site? i was looking for more like wheel covers other then rims..
Old 24 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

City,

sorry about the "fake rims" thing. I was bored (although, I have been since 1974); and I remember coming from a small town where some people judged you, not by your character--or how nice you were--but, to some degree, by how much of your parent's money was spent on your stuff. This situation was not really the problem, though: it was simply the fact that those being made fun of, actually let it work on them. Thus, your statement reminded me of what a silly waste of time it was to take people's negative comments seriously.

That being said, be sure not to take my "fake rims" comment, seriously; especially since it was meant as a joke--and nothing more.

P.S. Good luck finding those wheel covers.

Tim