XM 0 0%
Neither, I like my Ipod better 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2010, 06:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Sirius or XM...Which do I want?

Hi All,
I'm thinking about activating the satellite radio. Which one is the best and why?
Thanks,
Matt
Old 22 Aug 2010, 07:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Sirius or XM...Which do I want?

Sirius and XM have merged so they're pretty much one and the same.

If you have a newer model that came with satellite radio, you'll have to go with Sirius unless you want to get an XM reciever.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 08:42 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Its overpriced in my opnion, i had mine installed and went to get it activated about 4 months later because i had been busy, and the price was up to like 119$ a year, which i would never get my money out of personally. and being here in texas, in the summer months the adhesive and suction cup mounting just fall off so it was really more of a pain than gain to me.
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 09:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the responses. I have the ready for Sirius stock radio, but I am having trouble getting the 12-digit ESN. The owner's manual says hold the "Eject
CD and Time simaltaniously, but all I am getting is a 4 digit #. Anyone know the trick for getting the correct ESN #?
Thanks,
Matt
Old 22 Aug 2010, 10:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Most people dont know this but call to cancel your account and they transfer you to the retion dept. once there you can cut some nice deals.....like $20 something for 6 months. Then on the 5th. month call back again to cancel and you can get the same deal again
Old 22 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwing777 View Post
Most people dont know this but call to cancel your account and they transfer you to the retion dept. once there you can cut some nice deals.....like $20 something for 6 months. Then on the 5th. month call back again to cancel and you can get the same deal again
That's interesting as they get your money up front. The deal I found is first month is free and $12.95 for 11 months paid in advance. It's still consider a trial and you can call to cancel withing the 30 days... That's for 161 channels, 65 channels is $9.95.
Matt
Old 22 Aug 2010, 11:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Dont know but i had sirus since it was first available and only paid 1 month of sevice. Never paid full price other than 1 month when i started.

Are you saying you paid $12.95 for a full year of service or your paying $12.95 per month for a year?
Old 23 Aug 2010, 04:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemat View Post
Thanks for the responses. I have the ready for Sirius stock radio, but I am having trouble getting the 12-digit ESN. The owner's manual says hold the "Eject
CD and Time simaltaniously, but all I am getting is a 4 digit #. Anyone know the trick for getting the correct ESN #?
Thanks,
Matt
To get the rest of the digits press the "seek up" button on the radio to get the next 4 and again to get the final 4.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 08:46 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwing777 View Post
Dont know but i had sirus since it was first available and only paid 1 month of sevice. Never paid full price other than 1 month when i started.

Are you saying you paid $12.95 for a full year of service or your paying $12.95 per month for a year?
They hit you for $142.95 which 11 x $12.95 plus they a free first month. YOu also have to pay a annual copywright charge, something like $20.00 or $21.00, can't remember.
Mayy
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Last December I bought a Ford Ranger with Sirius pre-installed. I usually only drive it to work (about 11 miles, one way), and run errands on my days off. So I really don't spend all that much time in the car. When the Sirius free-period ran its course, I let it go, for the reason stated above. But if you spend a lot of time in your car, I'd opt for Sirius. It had something for everyone.

Since I cancelled, though, I've been thinking about finding some of my old CD's, and going to the trouble of sticking them into the CD slot above the truck's radio. I've just never gotten around to it, though. Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, The Stones, James Taylor, Garth, Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles ... and my favorites: Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young--all these greats still sit somewhere on a bookcase in my living room, while I drive to work, singing in my head, something by Stephen Foster ....

Tim