PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Missing Fog Light Switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Missing Fog Light Switch

any help will be great

i just bought a 2004 cruiser and it is equiped with fog lights, but i cant seem to find the switch. i looked in the manuel and it says that it is suspost to be on the headlight switch, but is it not there. you cant pull out the end of the head light knob like it says you can.

any help will do thanks!!!!
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Missing Fog Light Switch

hi there i have foglights on my pt just pull the end out . sounds like switch was replaced with a regular switch.also welcome to the form alot of good info here .
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:02 pm
Young Cruiser

You have to turn the the regular head lights first, then try pulling out the end for the fog lights. Try that...
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

fog lights will work with parking lights on
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:23 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBNDN View Post
fog lights will work with parking lights on
I stand corrected...only had my PT a few weeks...
Old 28 Aug 2010, 01:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

They could be aftermarket lights and you have a seperate switch hidden somewhere.

Or as mentioned above, someone could have replaced your headlight switch for one that doesn't have a fog detent.
Old 08 Jan 2011, 06:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Your post is quite old (Aug. 2010) but if you haven't resolved it here is the solution I came up with when installing driving lights into the stock location(s). I went to the wrecking yard in my area and got both lights and the switch which operates them. This switch is a pull out type that is part of the headlight arm/switch. Cars that didn't come with the driving light option did not come with this type of switch - which sounds like what you have.

Anyway, you'll need to get the entire assembly the switch is part of; (this includes the windshield wiper control). Remove the battery terminals so you don't short anything out. Disassemble the steering column plastic cover (2 or 3 screws), remove out of the way and remove the wiring harnesses that are connected to the headlight switch and wiper switch. Remove the whole assembly and replace with the new switch assembly. Reconnect the wiring harnesses and before securing everything down, reconnect the battery, test the switch to see if the fog lights are now controlled with the new switch.

The wiring for (Optional) fog/driving lights should already be at the fog/driving light location which is also connected to the existing headlight switch. When you activate the fog light switch (by pulling it out one click) you should also see a little light indicator in the instrument cluster showing you that your fog lights are indeed on and controlled by the new switch.

Hope this helps you or anyone else with the same query.
Old 08 Jan 2011, 06:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Don't forget to switch the blinker relay from old to new.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar