Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Heated seats installed where can I find the wires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2010, 11:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Heated seats installed where can I find the wires

My daughter just bought a 2003 Electric Blue PT GT Cruiser with 59,000 km previous owner installed heated seats.I had a quick look for the wiring harness
for the seats(where would they be located if the original seats didnt come with heated seats) does anyone know whether all cruisers came with the harness or is it installed from the factory only if heated seats were added .
I do have to install fuses and relays but cant find a wiring diagram .
Sorry if someone has asked this question before but couldnt find anything in the search forum
Old 05 Sep 2010, 07:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Heated seats installed where can I find the wires

If the previous owner installed the heated seats, did he not hook them up? Did you look all around underneath the seats for the wiring?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Sep 2010, 08:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I looked under the seats couldnt find wires or connectors looked in console and took sill plate off nothing there.
Is it possible the wires might be taped up in the wiring harness and require connectors to be added or should the connectors already be attached to the wires.
If from the factory do they hide the wiring harness behind the panels if heated seats are not ordered or are the connectors exposed under the seats
Old 05 Sep 2010, 08:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have no answers for you. Hopefully someone will come along with info on where the wiring is for heated seats.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Sep 2010, 06:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Can you tell me the last 8 digits in the VIN and I'll run a VIN check to try and answer your question.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 02:39 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Heated seats installed where can I find the wires

Hey their Irock88,

As for your seats, it is hard to s even if not originally equipped. I believe I have heard that their are several components which were in fact pre-wired automatically even if non-equipped for such as fog light wiring, and on some base models have come with rear speaker wiring when not equipped as well. I have not had any personal hands on experience to physically see what may be or may not be their so I am not able to confirm or deny, but this is what I have read from other peoples postings so you never know until you start digging in and looking around.

To give you a better understanding of the seat heating system for your ride, here is an online PDF file of a full shop manual which has a complete section under the index heading on the entire seat heating system. Just click on the Link but be aware it is a big file which includes 2052 pages of information and may take a couple of minutes to finish coming up for you so please be patient. Here is the Link.

http://webdev1.net/hosted/documents/...shopmanual.pdf

I hope that might help you out. I wish you the best on your project, and hope to see you around the Forums.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 13 Oct 2010, 06:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Candyman for the info should help.....and heifetz17 thanks I`ve sent you a PM re the last 8 digits of my VIN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new 030.jpg (94.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg new 039.jpg (88.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg new 040.jpg (95.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 13 Oct 2010, 06:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

Not to overstate the obvious..
But did you ask the previous owner about installing the seats,.. if they run wiring, etc.

Of course this assumes you bought it from an individual... of course I suppose you can also track down the history of the car and find the previous owner. If you bought it from a dealer,.. they should have paperwork on who they bought it from.
If they won't give you the info another option would be to have the dealer call the owner, and ask them the questions you need to know... or pass along your phone number, and ask the seller to give them that so they can call you.??
Good luck
Old 13 Oct 2010, 07:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Rod_Guy View Post
Not to overstate the obvious..
But did you ask the previous owner about installing the seats,.. if they run wiring, etc.

Of course this assumes you bought it from an individual... of course I suppose you can also track down the history of the car and find the previous owner. If you bought it from a dealer,.. they should have paperwork on who they bought it from.
If they won't give you the info another option would be to have the dealer call the owner, and ask them the questions you need to know... or pass along your phone number, and ask the seller to give them that so they can call you.??
Good luck
The previous owner installed the heated seats but couldn`t find the connectors.
I looked as well found wire harness under seats and running along under sill plate but the wires were all wrapped up.
Dont know if wires are grouped with other wires that are wrapped up or whether they were never installed from the factory.
If any one else has experienced this problem and have had it resolved would like to hear from you.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 12:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I recently found another 03 ( non heated seats) to put my heated seats into and was wondering if anybody ever found if there was factory install Jacks in the wiring harness. Thanks in advance