Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help me price my car, please?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2010, 05:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Help me price my car, please?

Hi, due to financial strains, I am forced to sell my: "PT Dream Cruiser Convertible : Chrysler 2005 Series 4 limited production edition features 220-horsepower turbocharged engine."
I have no idea how to price it. The Kelly Blue Book website didn't have this model listed. It is in excellent condition and only has 13,00+ miles on it. (Yes, I am that little ole lady who only uses it to run out to the market) LOL
Its an automatic but can be flicked into a manual somehow.
Here's a description:
PT Dream Cruiser Convertible

I'm very sad about having to part with it. I love this car! But I really need the money.

I'm not trying to sell it here. I'll probably put it on Craig's list, but I don't know how much to ask for. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old 09 Sep 2010, 05:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help me price my car, please?

You won't like what I came up with. Kelly Blue Book selling to a private party.

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible 2D

Condition Value

Excellent $11,240
Good $10,640
Fair $9,615

Vehicle Highlights
Mileage: 13,000
Engine: 4-Cyl, HO, Turbo, 2.4L
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: FWD

Selected Equipment

Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Side Air Bags
Power Steering
AM/FM Stereo
ABS (4-Wheel)
Power Windows
Cassette
Power Seat
Power Door Locks
CD (Single Disc)
Alloy Wheels
Tilt Wheel
Dual Air Bags

Optional
Traction Control
Leather

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Sep 2010, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok...thank you.,I think.
So do you think it doesn't affect the value that its a limited edition? Dream series?
Old 09 Sep 2010, 06:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yea, there's no questions that ask about the limited edition so you probably could ask maybe another $500 - $1000. Would help to make sure you show some paper work of that to whoever you try and sell it too. Emphasize that also in any write-up.

Also wait to see if other reply to your post to get some more opinions.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 02:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

FYI, Its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get excellent condition on bluebook, pretty much has to be brand spankin new. I recommend starting at excellent , but dont expect it sell at that price, no harm in starting high though.
I do know that a pt enthusiast would pay extra for a dream cruiser,i sure would, but doubtful anyone else would care.
I would ask 11k and go from there
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.

Last edited by Freezinghot; 10 Sep 2010 at 02:35 am.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 11:07 am
Senior Cruiser

Sound like a great low mileage PT, you should get top PT dollar for it. But considering the PT gets average gas mileage and Chrysler has a crappy reputation now, selling for top dollar won't be easy. We here know and love the PT and know it's a good car but out in the real world it's still a Chrysler that gets average MPG at best. The best thing to do is go to Yahoo auto sales and ebay and see what other cars like yours are going for. Good luck.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Check out Edmund's on line to get a quote....
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cars in that price range are tough sells for a private party. Could take a while to get top dollar. If you need to sell in a hurry, put it on Craig's List. If it doesn't sell in two weeks drop the price until it does.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 07:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Help me price my car, please?

Hey their GypsyTripsa,

I am very sorry to hear about your need to sell your Dream Cruiser but can understand for sure. I am afraid far too many of us are in the same boat and I don't see much of a good way out of it anytime soon unfortunately though I sure wish their was big time!

As for trying to put a value on your PT, that is a hard one as well. I would say at 13000 miles it is still in very good shape however in most circumstances it will be very hard to get a price relating to the Excellent Condition category related to the Kelly Blue Book without doing some what I like to call pre-sale prep work which is also basically what most all Dealerships will do to prep a car for sale on their lot. What this consists of is this.

1. A full professional Detail consisting of wash, clay, buff, glaze, wax, shampoo and condition leather, clean and dress engine compartment, dress inside and out and so on. Cost on having it professionally done should run you around $130.00 - $200.00. Though their is really no reason why you or someone you know couldn't help you do this on your own without the need for a professional as long as you don't mind a little work. I have a full guide here that walks you through step by step to achieve excellent results. Here is the direct Link to my guide.

PT Automotive Detailing Guide Quick Reference

2. If you have any small door or shopping cart dings or any slight imperfections they have these Mobile Paintless Dent Removal Services who come to you with specialty tools and specialize in pulling these small dings and dents in about an hour or two and usually charge $120.00 to $200.00 to do the entire car. If you have any small scratches, many Services that offer Mobile Paintless Dent Repair also offer Paint Touchup Services by way of using an air brush and computerized color match system to clean up any and all nicks, or scratches in the paint so the body, paint and interior are all as perfect as the day it left the Dealer.

Cosmetics make up more than 75% of the physiological sale of a vehicle. If a car is completely detailed, interior is shampooed with no stains, leather has been conditioned and smells like rich leather again, paint is perfect with no scratches or imperfections throughout and everything looks new and as close to perfect as possible, and the engine is clean and dressed, whoever is going to see the car will see a car that was hardly driven and in perfect condition in and out. If it looks perfect than people tend to make the assumption that everything else ids perfect and the car has been maintained meticulously.

Then you should be able to sell it at high Kelly Blue Book value with no problem at which point I would put it up for $10500.00 - $11,000.00 and see what happens.

Without any prep work, I would try it at $9000.00 - $9500.00

Both of those prices are based below Blue Book and should be within reason with the market hopefully. I always try to advise for having the prep work done myself. Yes, it does cost some money to do which a lot of people tend to decline on as a result usually do to not having enough money to perform these tasks however if you did do the prep work, you could easily make $100.00 - $1500.00 more out of your investment than without doing it so it is something to think about anyway.

As mentioned already, Craigslist is a good place to try to sell your PT, or maybe Ebay as well. I have never tried to sell anything through either but their are plenty of people out their who do it every day with great success so I would definitely give it a try.

That is my two cents anyway. I wish I could do more for you. If you lived near me out in So Cal I would do the prep work for you. I wish you all the best in trying to sell your PT and hope you find a good home for it soon.

Take care.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 11 Sep 2010 at 07:05 am.