Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New guy checking in.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2010, 04:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default New guy checking in.....

I bought my first Pt Cruiser earlier this week and still getting used to it. So far so good other than a terrible rattle coming from the molding cover on the hatch back that I fixed myself.

I got an '08 black touring model. I traded in my '07 Mazdaspeed 3. Half the hp is hard to get used to! But that Ms3 had a host of problems and never was right and I knocked $6,000 of my loan which was my big goal.

Hope it's a reliable as I've read and I hope to keep this one for a while.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 05:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New guy checking in.....

Welcome to the Forum. The worst thing about the PT's is the BUG!!! That is the Mod BUG!!! Enjoy

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your PT and if you need help just log on and ask away. We've seen and heard it all.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm curious. I, too, have an annoying rattle coming from "somewhere in the back" of my Cruiser. What exactly was making your rattle? Mine only occurs when I stop or turn. And it seems to be coming from the hatchback. I took the cover off once--but to no avail ....

Thanks ... in advance.

Tim
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. Our 2001 PT has over 90k miles and the only repairs have been front brakes and an O2 sensor. Hope you have as good luck with yours!
Old 11 Sep 2010, 07:12 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: New guy checking in.....

Hey their Wishbone,

Congrats on the new ride and hope to see ya around the Forum. Like Crewzin already said, if you ever run into any problems or need anything, please don't hesitate to speak up. Odds are one of us should be able to help with just about anything you can come up with, and if we don't know, we can usually find out for ya so your in good company for sure.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 11 Sep 2010, 07:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
I bought my first Pt Cruiser earlier this week and still getting used to it.

I got an '08 black touring model.

Hope it's a reliable as I've read and I hope to keep this one for a while.
I bought my '06 Limited in March '09 with 45k miles. I flushed the tranny and changed the plugs/wires when I bought it. I also replaced an 02 sensor.

Since then I've done nothing to it but change synthetic oil, rotate tires, and put gas in it. Now sitting at 67k miles.

Been a great car which is what I was hoping and praying for when I bought it. Best of luck!
Old 11 Sep 2010, 10:04 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
I'm curious. I, too, have an annoying rattle coming from "somewhere in the back" of my Cruiser. What exactly was making your rattle? Mine only occurs when I stop or turn. And it seems to be coming from the hatchback. I took the cover off once--but to no avail ....

Thanks ... in advance.

Tim

My problem was the rear plastic molding inside. The part up top that covers the rear wiper motor. The cover has a slit in it with a metal retainer and that had popped out of place so anytime I went over a bump that whole piece would rattle against the tailgate. It was quite loud. I thought at first the lift gate was loose but I had my wife drive it while I road in the hatch and found it pretty quickly.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 09:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

Wishbone, thanks again. I'll check out the molding. Hopefully, it will be the same annoyng rattle.

Then ... I'll eventually discover what makes that "clunk" noise, somewhere around my driver's door (sounds like it's inside).

Or ... maybe I'll just turn my music up louder.

Tim
Old 12 Sep 2010, 01:14 am
Fanatic Cruiser

My fiance has a mazda speed 3,while a very fun car, it wasnt as quick as a pt turbo ive driven, nor as fun.Of course a car made for speed, is going to be quicker than a base model Chrysler :P The 3's only run about 250 hp at most i think. The pts are just very fun cars to drive, and the modbug is an epidemic
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.