Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Gemmy's Girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2010, 05:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Gemmy's Girl

I just bought an '09 PT (see itty bitty av) and I am over the moon about it! I named it Gem cuz she definitely shines like one.

I spent some time reading the online reviews about this car in general and since most were negative I was weary but took Gem for a test drive anyways. Bought her 2 days later.

Firstly, I have never felt safer in a car. The PT hugs you on the road and moves like a little tank. And since I upgraded from a Neon it wasn't a huge adjustment but being higher on the road is absolutely brilliant (No more falling into your driver's seat and lurching out). I always thought I'd drive Neons forever but I'm in auto love with this little sparkler.

Still I can't understand all the complaints against PT's. The only conclusion I can come to is that those whose cars are breaking down and sputtering along constantly are reckless drivers or careless car owners...or they bought one from such. The only way a car deteriorates is if it is pushed too hard for too long or not looked after, no? The PT may not be the fastest car on the road but it's exactly that...a road, not a racetrack. Sorry, I've had the car for a week and I'm already defensive.

I was hit by a car who's driver ran a red light and it's taken me a few weeks to get back on the road. (Not to mention my old Neon was a write-off.) I tried nearly every kind of car imaginable and Gem was the only one I felt safe in and able to adjust to.

She boots it around without complaint and with many a look from people in traffic or on the street. Her interior is adorable, I happen to LOVE the window switches being in the dash, the vintage look is spectacular! All in all I'm very happy. And my daughter says she's pretty.

So I thought I'd say hello. :P

Last edited by Gemmy; 15 Sep 2010 at 05:58 pm.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 06:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Gemmy's Girl

Congratulations on a excellent buy, I can only hope that you continue to love it for as long as most of us have loved ours. Many with over 150k miles and still going strong
And it seems that most of the negative opinions of the car are from people that have never owned one, so that says a lot about human beings in general right there :P. Again, congrats and try to keep your foot off the gas as much as possible and youll be fine lol
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 07:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Welcome! I work for a Chrysler dealer and I can tell you from an inside source that if these cars are properly cared for, they very rarely have any problems. I hardly ever see PTs in our shop. maybe only 1 in two or three months.

They're rock solid and will run forever!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 07:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum. Many people buy a used one and don't realize that around 100,000 miles you will need to put about $1000 into the engine. I saw a PT in Myrtle Beach PT car show last year that had way over 200,000 miles on it. It was Inferno Red and was a beauty.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Sep 2010, 07:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hi There,
Congratulations on your new car! I'm Karen in California with a cute little 04 'Cool Vanilla' cruiser. I love mine to bits, she's a little 5 speed and so fun to drive, she just got some new shooz and I'm painting some side mirrors for her that are going to be 'cool vanilla' too. My only word of warning on these beauties is to watch out for the 'mod' bug, I've got it and bad too
Have fun with your new baby!
Karen

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 15 Sep 2010, 08:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks to all for the kind welcome!

Here's a bigger pic from right after I bought it. I found it at a Mitsubishi dealership. :P

It's an '09 with 25,000kms and I paid $10,500 ($12,500 w/ tax) for it which I think was a pretty good deal. It still smells new. I don't know what the colour is called (aside from dark grey, heh.) but I love it.

Last edited by Gemmy; 15 Sep 2010 at 08:16 pm.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 08:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Wow, I like that color, it's very elegant.

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I believe the color is called 'bright silver metallic' could be mistaken though.
Also that price sounds about right for that car, which is still a good price for an almost brand new car in my opinion.
And btw, yes, the mod bug is an epidemic , i believe Raid makes a spray for it, pick it up at your local autozone.
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
(Not to mention my old Neon was a write-off.) I tried nearly every kind of car imaginable and Gem was the only one I felt safe in and able to adjust to.
Maybe cuz the neon is a fairly close cousin to the PT? Both my wife and I felt the same way about our PT's. We instantly were able to drive them and it jsut felt right. I drove about a dozen cars that day I picked ole smokey out. Mine is the same color as yours, that nice deep gray is very nice and stays that way if you keep caring for it (washing/waxing/details)
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I didnt even test drive any other cars after i saw the pt, bought it right after i test drove it. Its a very comfortable car