PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT vs. HHR

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2010, 06:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Default PT vs. HHR

Just curious as to why you chose the PT Cruiser over the Chevy HHR. I know this won't pertain to some of you as the HHR was't an option when you bought yours.

For me I liked the higher stance and seating presence of the PT most of all. Also much prefer the interior. It is nice though that the Chevy comes with a timing chain.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 06:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT vs. HHR

We went looking for another car for my wife. Saw a bright white HHR in the Chevy lot and asked to try it out. Couldn't believe how cramped we felt in the HHR. Wife didn't like it. Nuff said!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 08:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

For me it was simple, no way I could have afforded a new vehicle so used was my only choice. Even a used HHR would be out of my price range.

But even on a simpler note, I'm a die hard MoPar fan. In my 40+ years of vehicle ownership, I've only owned one non Chrysler family car, and I also had a Dodge Dart at that time.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 21 Sep 2010, 08:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

why PT vs HHR?
I have both.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 08:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I dont think the HHR looks retro in any way, so im not sure why these 2 are against eachother
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 08:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Well they have the same designer and pretty close to the same specs as far as engine and deminsions go.

Edb, I would like to hear you pro's and con's to both since you own each.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 10:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Adrian Zmed and Al Sharpton were both born in 1954, but are nothing alike.
But i agree with CREWZIN, the HHR is very cramped for me, and very "fake" if you get me. I fell in love with the pt because they feel like your getting a lot more than you pay for, with the HHR, you feel like your getting barely what you pay for. It all comes down to exterior styling i think.
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 07:46 am
Young Cruiser

I'm a GM guy (So I may be biased) so easily would have bought the HHR over the PT, I test drove both and the HHR feels more like a car to me, yet retains some of the Height. Overall for me the feeling was just better (but I must say, very little difference). I would guess most of my desicion would have vbeen based off prefering GM.

But as I have said in other threads, I DO NOT like new cars, so when it comes to a daily driver I'm about as picky as I am about color of my shirts. Comfort is my #1 concern. Unforntatntly #2 is price... Right now where I live PT's are going for 20-40% under book. Mine (by KBB) books for $8000 and I got it for just a few ticks over half of that. I looked at 08's with 20,000 miles that where under $7000 (wish I liked the molded in bumpers) while book on them is $11,000.

So ya Price, I somewhat like the look of the PT and HHR they are kinda different then everything else on the road. And so far in 2 weeks, I'm not unhappy with my PT at all.. so maybe i made the right choice afterall (even if money forced my hand).
Old 22 Sep 2010, 10:07 am
Young Cruiser

I've heard from a couple different people that the 2.4l motor in the PT Cruiser is made by Mitsubishi. Same one as the Eclipse? Can anyone verify or deny this?
Old 22 Sep 2010, 12:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Couldn't believe how cramped we felt in the HHR. Wife didn't like it. Nuff said!
Same here. When they first came out I went looking. Sat in it, got out right away. No room at all. Tried the PT a few months later and was amazed at the difference in interior space