PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I think my Cruiser is a lemon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default I think my Cruiser is a lemon

Hi all,
I am very frustrated with my car. A 2006 base model with 38K miles, one owner, bought it on 9/4. So far, I have had to have the steering fixed, and now there's a transmission problem. The car is still under their 3-mo/3,000 mi warranty, but I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what to do. What I want to do is say, "Hey, this isn't working for me, give me my money back," but it's hard to imagine that happening. I don't want them to trade me into a new vehicle because this one is sucking, so why would I want another one of theirs? I am so angry at myself for making a bad decision. I wish there was a rewind button I could hit and never have bought this car. And of course it isn't covered under the lemon law in my state (PA). Does anybody know what other recourse I might have to get out of this car?
Old 26 Sep 2010, 09:27 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: I think my Cruiser is a lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by melluna View Post
Hi all,
I am very frustrated with my car. A 2006 base model with 38K miles, one owner, bought it on 9/4. So far, I have had to have the steering fixed, and now there's a transmission problem. The car is still under their 3-mo/3,000 mi warranty, but I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what to do. What I want to do is say, "Hey, this isn't working for me, give me my money back," but it's hard to imagine that happening. I don't want them to trade me into a new vehicle because this one is sucking, so why would I want another one of theirs? I am so angry at myself for making a bad decision. I wish there was a rewind button I could hit and never have bought this car. And of course it isn't covered under the lemon law in my state (PA). Does anybody know what other recourse I might have to get out of this car?

Be thankful you have the warranty, you should also look into an original Chrysler warranty I'm pretty sure you can still get one. Their is nothing major wrong with PT cruisers but it sounds like you might have got one that was driven hard and not taken care of. Just make sure you get them to fix every problem and document everything.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson