Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Pics

Both cars were clean at the same time so I figured I would take some pictures.

Last edited by SCBluePT; 02 Oct 2010 at 10:25 pm.
Old 02 Oct 2010, 01:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Pics

Nice. Don't you need a front plate for the new one?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Oct 2010, 02:41 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Nice. Don't you need a front plate for the new one?
No,we dont use front plates in South Carolina and I like it better without a plate.
Old 02 Oct 2010, 06:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBluePT View Post
No,we dont use front plates in South Carolina and I like it better without a plate.
hummmmmmmmm , i thought that arizona is the only state that doesnt require front plates and now i know
Old 02 Oct 2010, 06:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Florida doesn't have a front plate either but when I saw the first couple of pictures I didn't realize it was only a SC custom plate on the Almond PT and noticed the blue one didn't have a plate.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Oct 2010, 06:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

No front plates in Oklahoma either. I like the front bumper clean but the dealers all mount the front bracket on any used cars they sell. Back in early 02 I had to special order our PT because we wanted a 5-speed. I also requested they not mount the front bracket or I wouldn't buy the car. I also don't like them sticking their decals or dealer emblems on the car. Those are the first thing to go.
Old 02 Oct 2010, 07:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Used to be (showing my age) that car dealer actually drilled holes in the rear of the car to stick dealer name tags on them. On the trunk or rear of the car and even if you took them off, the holes would still be there. After a couple of law suits, dealers stopped doing that and now they are just stickers. Some would just have to be peeled off, other were stuck on with double sided tape but at least they would come off without any damage to the car.

Yea, even my black bumpers had holes drilled in the front bumper because I had bought it in Maryland where I used to live but when I had the bumpers painted down here, the holes were filled in.

Old 02 Oct 2010, 07:38 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Used to be (showing my age) that car dealer actually drilled holes in the rear of the car to stick dealer name tags on them. On the trunk or rear of the car and even if you took them off, the holes would still be there. After a couple of law suits, dealers stopped doing that and now they are just stickers. Some would just have to be peeled off, other were stuck on with double sided tape but at least they would come off without any damage to the car.

Yea, even my black bumpers had holes drilled in the front bumper because I had bought it in Maryland where I used to live but when I had the bumpers painted down here, the holes were filled in.
that's just so stupid, drilling holes in my car so they advertise for their lot !! my pt had both plate holders in the trunk and i installed them my self once i got the temprory license, i left the dealer decal (not sure why ) it didnt bother me at the time.
for my corolla, i had more xp so i peeled the decal right off the trunk lid and they had a plate holder with their name on it, that went off the first week too. no free advertisement
Old 02 Oct 2010, 07:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Looks good scbluept!! Are you going to Return to the Beach 11?
Old 02 Oct 2010, 08:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpt View Post
Looks good scbluept!! Are you going to Return to the Beach 11?
Thanks lowpt.I am not going to be able to make it to Return to the Beach,alot going on right now.