Advertisements
Oooghhha horn install...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2010, 08:59 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Oooghhha horn install...

Oooghhha horn install.
How did you install your horn?
Did you just hook it up to where the factory horns are (for wiring too?)?
Or
Did you make a new circuit using a relay?

Where did you mount the horn?
Eibach Pro Springs, Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master Kit bushings, 17" RTX Euro wheels, K&N drop in air filter, MotoMaster flat plate AGM battery, KYB GR2 shocks and struts, Booger standard shifter bushings, Ooogah horn.
Old 03 Oct 2010, 09:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Oooghhha horn install...

If you have an after market air filter there's plenty of room under the new filter to mount the horn (see picture below). If not, some people mounted them where the OEM horn is but that muffles the sound pretty good. Other places to mount are in the front of the car at the center bar behind the grill and I've seen them mounted beside the left side of the computer facing downwards.

Depending on the year of your car, the 01-05 PT's have 5 spare fuses in the fuse box in the engine compartment to grab the positive voltage. I ran the negative wire inside the car to a push button on the dash and then grounded the button. That means the horn is always hot but not grounded till I hit the button inside. NO relay needed.

Horn underneath the air filter.

Red square spring loaded push button in the dash for the Ahooga Horn. Other lighted switch is for undercar LED lights.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Oct 2010, 09:20 am
Cool Cruiser

Have many guys just used the stock wiring and just replaced the factory horn with the oooogahhh?

BTW thanks for your info!
Eibach Pro Springs, Energy Suspension HyperFlex Master Kit bushings, 17" RTX Euro wheels, K&N drop in air filter, MotoMaster flat plate AGM battery, KYB GR2 shocks and struts, Booger standard shifter bushings, Ooogah horn.
Old 03 Oct 2010, 09:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The Ahooga Horn is 12V just like the OEM horn so it should work with the regular wiring. I'm not sure how much room there is under the inner fender for the Ahooga Horn. You'll find out when you take the inner fender off. I've seen a picture with dual air horns in place of the OEM horns so the Ahooga Horn should fit.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Oct 2010, 07:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

With the stock air filter a good place for the horn is under the plastic at the base of the windshield where the wiper motor is. I press fit the horn using stiff pieces of foam.
I did use a relay, and an inline fuse - took power right from Battery.
I put the horn switch button in the steering column shroud near the wiper stalk

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Oct 2010, 08:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had my dad install my ooga horn. He was able to put it where the factory horn was using the factory bracket and wires as well.

2007 Marine Blue Touring Edition

Last edited by kb9tkb; 18 Oct 2010 at 08:44 pm. Reason: forgot to add my car to the post
Old 19 Oct 2010, 02:12 am
Cool Cruiser

IS it loud enough?

Thanks!