PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sliding Rag Top - anyone put one in their PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Oct 2010, 01:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Sliding Rag Top - anyone put one in their PT?

I was looking at these sliding ragtops, and was thinking it would be really cool in a PT. Has anyone here done this or seen one done?

Sliding Ragtop Kits Homepage
Old 07 Oct 2010, 02:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Sliding Rag Top - anyone put one in their PT?

Yea, someone (think it was Candyman) put a video link to a custom PT Cruiser that had a sliding ragtop on it. We wondered why someone would spend thousands of dollars to customize their PT and add that, but to each his own. I'll look around to see if I can find the link.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Oct 2010, 02:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Sliding Rag Top - anyone put one in their PT?

They run between $400 and $800 - the ones I was looking at. Seems like a pretty cheap way to let the sun in...
Old 07 Oct 2010, 02:59 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Sliding Rag Top - anyone put one in their PT?

Hey their vermontpetey,

I haven't done one on a PT as of yet, but have done a few Volkswagen's, and a couple of Mini Trucks as well, and also have been planning on doing this to my Ride one of these days in the not too distant future after I get a couple other things out of the way first. To me it is a way cool Mod, and especially seems to kinda flow with the So Cal Style out here on the west coast.

As far as the Top itself is concerned, the Webasto Hollandia 400 DeLuxe' roof will fit. Here is a Link to the Roof for a bit more info.

Webasto roof systems products: folding roof Hollandia 400*- www.open-air-feeling.de

The total cost for something like this including parts and labor should be somewhere around the range of $1900.00 - $2100.00 to install, should take 2-3 days to do the work, and will require a certain amount of maintenance and upkeep every year to keep everything properly adjusted, and lubricated as well as check the belts that open and close the roof and so forth. If you were to have someone do the Service on it then you would be looking somewhere around $60.00 - $75.00 or more depending on shop rates, and about an hours labor. Here is a PDF of how to perform the Service on the Webasto 400.

http://www.allbrit.de/downloads/BULL...p2_Service.pdf

Size wise, the Wabasto 400 fabric size is 44 1/2 x 32 3/4 and opening is 24 1/2 x 25 1/8 in case you would like to lok around and see what else might be available, but to be honest, out of all the Ragtops I have ever heard of or seen on PT's, this is the only brand I have ever seen used, and never heard a single complaint on any issues, or leaks, or anything which in my book says quite a bit.

The install is pretty straight forward as a whole even though it is always nerve racking anytime you start cutting up a perfectly good car! I would however unless you are experience in paint and body, and have the necessary tools, equipment, and know how, I would leave this install up to a professional.

Anyways, I hope that might answer your question somewhat. If you need any more info or anything, please let me know, and I am always more than happy to try to help wherever I can.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing