Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Why aren't used PT Cruisers selling????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2010, 06:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Question Why aren't used PT Cruisers selling????

I've been trying to sell my 2006 base PT with 50K for over six weeks and can't even get one phone call on it. Its priced under book @ 7000.00. And then I spot this car Chrysler PT Cruiser 2005 that is a steal! Its been up for sale for four weeks. I'm still seeing the same PT's for sale for over a month. I know the economy is bad but is the fact that the PT is discontinued hurting resale? Every car I ever sold online or in the paper has sold in three weeks max! (selling PT cause I need a 4x4)

66CUDA
Old 10 Oct 2010, 06:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Why aren't used PT Cruisers selling????

The economy is bad, the PT isn't being made anymore (scaring people thinking that parts won't be available) and there's thousands of them on the market. You might think they aren't selling but we're getting a couple new people on this forum everyday that just picked up a new-to-them used PT.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 06:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

I just got a 2002 PT with just over 70,000 miles , involved in minor front end accident for $1300 . This one's my 1st , decided I needed something more comfy for long trips .
Been a Neon owner for some time now , while the mileage is great after a 5 hour trip the ol' back & legs starting to feel the effect . I estimated the repairs to the PT to be about $500 or slightly less . Like everyone else here in Ohio rustbelt no one has 7000 grand to spend on a used car ...
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

The one in the link is listed as a "Grand Touring",correct me if I am wrong but I dont think they made a Grand Touring.When I am looking to buy a car from an individual I wont even consider one that has been misrepresented to make people think that it is more special than it really is.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 08:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBluePT View Post
The one in the link is listed as a "Grand Touring",correct me if I am wrong but I dont think they made a Grand Touring.When I am looking to buy a car from an individual I wont even consider one that has been misrepresented to make people think that it is more special than it really is.

It's a GT.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 08:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

When I was looking for a car I wanted a Toyota or Honda, I had lumped the PT in with the other problem cars Chrysler had. Chrysler was close to going out of business also. I had always been a fan of the PT but didn't want to touch a Chrysler. I ended up with one because I found a mint low mileage PT for thousands less than a high mileage Toyota or Honda. And after researching it I found if taken care of the PT will go forever, the 2.4 is a proven workhorse. I also found that Chrysler still has a few good products.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson